Yes!!!! The M-A1 are on sale!!!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

OK, I have been waiting for these to go on sale at my local gun shop and they just did. My question now is.......should I get the .40s&w or the .357sig? I have never owned a .357sig, only .40 S&W. Is the recoil the same on both? Does anyone have a preference of one over the other? Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Bossa :)

357 Sig has less recoil and is more accurate. The ammo is a bit more pricey, tho. But, give 'em a go.

Wulf

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I with the Wulfman on this one..........357sig all the way.................reload to save money and enjoy the experience......... :lol:

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

BTW, Bossa :D

What's the sale price and are there any S Models in the sale? Let us know how ya go and I believe there is a range report pending. ;) Hava great week.

Wulf

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

.40 gets my vote.

6. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

I know it wasn't on the list but I vote for good ol' 9mm :)

IMO the main difference between 9mm and other (larger) calibres is in cost and capacity :wink:

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Wolf :)

Wolf <-- love that handle ;)

Far as capacity, I use 15-round stainless steel mags with Wolff +10% power springs in my M357-A1. What's the capacity in your 9MM? (BFG)

Wulf

8. Guest

Guest Guest

All 3 M-A1 models are on sale for $479. I know that isn't a smokin' deal but it is better than $519! I would rather pay a few extra bucks than try to find it on the net and go trhough the hassle.

9. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Did you buy it yet? A shop I visit has the M357A1 for $419. Great thing is you don't pay sales tax...just shipping and transfer fees. I personally would buy the M40A1 and get a 357Sig barrel to get the best of both worlds. Ammo would be a huge consideration for me when purchasing. I have a few hundred rounds of 357Sig, so not a big deal for me.

Wulf, I thought I wanted an S series bad...I think your desire/obession is more than mine...haha. If I see an S pistol...I will make sure I post it just for you.

10. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Yeah, Aubie

I want an S357-A1 bad. It looks, however, like I'm gonna hafta settle for an S40-A1 and get the IGB Austria bbl from Marc at MDW. I still haven't given up on the factory Steyr S357-A1, yet. I am kinda pissin' a few people off though with my "enthusiasm" and "single-mindedness". <shrug> Oh well...if they'd just give me what the Hell I want, they wouldn't hafta deal with me. ;) Hava great weekend.

Wulf

11. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

I didn't know Marc offered the 375Sig barrel for the S series...I am going to buy one if the IGB sig barrels from Marc...I have just been buying so much lately.

I'd say...lets have a competition to see who finds and buys an S series first, but I think you would win...seeing how I said I wouldn't buy another firearm for a year. HAHA

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

hehehehe...aubie :p

If I had your money, I'd buy one for myself! 8)

Wulf <-- likes that plan :idea:

I know that it'll happen in its own time, but like the Buzzard said,

"...patience my ass. I'm gonna kill somethin'. :twisted: "

Hava great weekend.

Wulf

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Turners in SoCal put them on sale for $479. Oh yeah, I haven't seen any S Models in the store at all.

14. uncle_walty

uncle_walty Member

Where do you get the 15 round mags for the M357? Are they modified Sigmas?

15. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi uncle_walty :)

Yes, they are Sigma stainless steel mags with a second mag lock window cut into them indexed for the M Series and a new Wolff spring slightly modified. Hell, anyone can do it. Even me. ;) Hava great weekend.

Wulf

16. tglahn17

tglahn17 Member