Wow, this is cold.

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by checkyoursix, Feb 3, 2010.

1. checkyoursix

checkyoursix New Member

So there is nobody in CT who is interested in knowing each other? Well, I'd be am around Hartford, have a couple of Steyrs guns and would like to know some other Steyroid if there are any around with a pulse.

2. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

:joker: Sorry, checkyoursix, looks like you'll have to move to Texas. At least you'll save a fortune in taxes and heating bills!

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

if you'll notice the other states posting histories, these state forums are little followed.

and most gun guys are the rugged individualist type who aren't as comfortable going on man dates as OffArtist, netfotoj, stonewally and I are.

stop by pittsburgh if you like. we got all kinds of shooting going on around here.

and our sales tax is lower than texas too!

but the heat bills, cigarette tax and complete absense of employment are kind of off putting...

OffArtist likes this.
  4. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

I don't go on man dates, BT. I go on Man Outings (huge difference). That's it, I'm unfriending you and becoming a rugged individualist damnit. A survivalist rugged individualist ninja with a boutique tacticool pistol and a whole bunch of spare clips :rofl:

If the damn snow ever lets up, I'd really like to go shooting this sunday if you're interested. (Also, it would help if I could find some .380 anywhere damnit).

5. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

continuing this conversation here is a blatant thread hijack but hopefully someone in Connecticut will keep seeing it and join in.

btw... i'm not the brightest star in the sky, but who knew that conneCticut was spelled that way. learn something new everyday. boy does that seem useless.

i never realized the vibe i put out until my neighbors started asking about using my generator, if i had canned food saved up, how much gasoline i had on hand etc... during this big snow storm.

i don't actually have any of that stuff, they just assumed. must be the cowboy hat?

you can be a rugged individualist too! you just have to wear the individualist uniform to be recognised. black jeans, boots, sleeveless T showing your tats ,and a hat or bandana featuring your favorite beer. the hat or bandana is to cover up your tin foil.

i'm obviously not down for shooting today. my power just came back on and there's no real way to get off the mountain.

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I wear a 3-piece pin striped suit with 6 weeks of water, 4-5 weeeks of food, NBC suit, sniper load out in a 1968 airborne weapons/equipment bag, and 20,000 rounds of ammo in the underground.
    Book by its cover? :lol:
    (The neighbors don't ask, I don't tell.)

7. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

:joker: You mean there are people in NOVA who aren't prepared for the next race war/nuclear conflagration/brilliant development scheme from Oliver Carr?

8. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

Holy crap! 20,000 rounds? Man that's a lot of ammo. Almost too much. I think you'd only need to keep about 10,000 rounds and uh, give the rest away. Send it to Haiti! The address is:
    Haiti (Relief Fund)
    1**6 Morningside Avenue
    Pittsburgh PA, 15206

Think of the children!!!
    :joker:

9. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

BT, that's hilarious. If I was your neighbor and didn't know you and had to assume something about your lifestyle just from the way you look and the drumming, I'd probably think you were some musician / hippy type with tie-die wall hangings and a 4 foot water bong in the corner of your living room. :rofl:
    BUT, now that I think about it, that's the perfect cover! Sounds to me like your neighbors were planning a hostile takeover if things got too bad. Boy oh boy would THAT have been a BIG mistake. :salute:

10. SELFDEFENSE

Funny how many P.O. box requests for Haiti Ammo Relief (HAR-HAR for short) I have been getting for the last few weeks.
    As soon as I hit 40K I may ship some to the Pirates Of The Carribean.
    (Reminds me, there is a Dulles Expo Show this weekend. Add a few K more to the HappyLand stash).

11. checkyoursix

checkyoursix New Member

This has become a fun thread, but as expected nobody from CT ever shows up. It's not the weather that bothers me here (I love skiing) but people are cold and that does bother me a lot.

TX would be cool, I'd need a job but I'd like it. Pittsburgh is a town that intrigues me, have read about it some and would be interested in seeing it. As of now, never been though.

20k rounds of ammo? And I was wondering about the shortage.

12. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

yeah, between selfdefense and offartist we're lucky there's any ammo in the country for sale.

hey, we can't get you a connecticut steyroid, may as well have a little fun, right?

i did just see a new member in MA.

you make it to pittsburgh and we'll go shooting. just be careful driving through new york.

13. checkyoursix

checkyoursix New Member

Thank you much for the invite. I shall be careful when it happens, have to find time and an IDPA match to make it legal to travel with the Steyrs.

14. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

if you're coming to pittsburgh, you're shooting uspsa!

pittsburgh's shooting community is WAAY old school. we still have quite a few shooters that sport wheel guns in competition.

idpa hasn't caught on here to speak of.

the clubs that do run idpa design their courses more like uspsa courses anyway.

15. SELFDEFENSE

They wouldn't know to come in out of a hurricane if the government didn't send them a memo (wait, that was Katrina)

16. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

Sheesh, I STILL can't find .380 ANYWHERE (cept online and SD only, although I did run into some Russian surplus bulk stuff that I'm thinkin bout orderin). Haven't been having any trouble findin 9mm, but I already have almost 1/20th of selfdefense's stash saved up so that's no big deal. The thought of the range day I could have with a couple of 32 round mags and some good weather is making my hands itch.
    This freakin snow has got to go -I almost tried to get to the club on Sunday and then remembered the 4x4 endurance testing hill they call a road that was set up to keep out the slackers. I don't suppose they plow uneven dirt roads full of potholes round here? Also, when you gettin the truck back BT?

:cheers:

17. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

they'll start making chicky .380 ammo once they get caught up with the manly calibers. :rofl:

i got the truck back. not sure how long i can keep it out of the body shop with the snow and ice around everywhere.

but it beats having that civic rentacar.

i think getting up that road to the club would take low range 4WD AND some skill. if we got stonewally out here his big dodge ram would make it for sure!

i have a 32 rounder and some ammo to run through it. i'm ready to make the "5 bill drills, no reloading" video.

also an 18 rounder .40 mag to try out. 3 bill drills, no reloading? i think so!

18. OffArtist

OffArtist New Member

Okay that's a great convincer. I'm sendin out tomorrow for the 32 rounder 9mm, and (hopefully) SOME snow will freakin melt and we can get there this weekend before I lose what little skill I have left.

:joker: