WOW!!! New M9-A1, Range Report

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Pepperpopper, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Pepperpopper

Pepperpopper New Member

:party: Ordered my first Steyr M9-A1 on Wednesday from CDNN and it arrived on Friday. First let me tell you a little about my gun history. I have shot and owned over the years a Glock 22 40 Cal, HK USP 45, HK USP Compact 40, HK P2000 40, Springfield Armory XD 45, Sig P229 40 & 357 Sig. This is my first 9mm and All I have to say is wow!! :party: The ergonomics are great, it fits my hand like a glove and points naturally. I love the sights, makes for fast target aquisition on real targets. Nice trigger reset. Extremely accurate, and best of all 250 rounds of Winchester white box and it was 100% reliable. Let me mention that I followed all of the suggested disassembly and cleaning instructions found on this forum, so thanks for that. I aslo only put 10 rounds into the mags for the first 200 rounds and then 15 for the last 50 rounds. So far so good. If it continues this way I will place an order for the M40.

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sounds like you got a winner...

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome to the club!

Like you, I took the 9mm plunge fairly recently after being a confirmed .45 ACP snob. Now I've gone hog wild with M357-A1 and 10mm in addition to .45 ACP, plus two 9mms and recently added a .44 Special revolver. Feeding so many different ammo types is killing me.

But after swearing for years I'd never own a 9mm, I have definitely ate those words big-time.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

4. heavymetalmachine

Like he said :mrgreen: :oops:

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

So, tell us about this new Armscor you're getting? 9mm 1911-type?

6. heavymetalmachine

1911 .45 acp 3.5 inch barrel.........

Thats what it will start off as :wink:

7. nixon

nixon Member

Hey Net,
    I felt the same way as you for many years I have not owned nor shot any 9mm at all. I used to own a Ruger P85 in 9mm and sold it after a couple of years coz I never got used to the ergonomics and also, during the late 80's or so ago the bullet designs were not as good as it is today. Right now, I would not feel inadequate at all if I were to carry an M9a1. Problem is, having to carry one is almost an impossibility in my State at least for civees like me.