would YOU use sights like this?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hud, Feb 9, 2007.

1. hud

hud New Member

2. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Search for SureSight here, the inventor/owner/whatever has posted here about them. His name is Chaim.

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Someone wise said imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So maybe Steyr will be flattered that Suresight has blatantly stolen their trapezoidal sights.

Or maybe the new owner will sue the pants off these guys.

Either way, Steyr gets a little more exposure to the mostly-ignorant gun-buying public who has never heard of these great sights and pistols.

But I must add that I am not personally flattered but am at least a bit ticked off. I doubt Mr. Steyr will be flattered either, particularly with this outright theft of his patented trapezoidal sights.

Does anybody have Mr. Steyr's email address?

4. English

English New Member

Actually, the SureSight and the Steyr sight designs work on totally different principles. The first is lining up a triangle on top of a trapezoid, the second is putting equal space round a triangle in a nearly triangular hole. It might be that the SureSight works better. I have yet to find out.

English

5. EmesiS

EmesiS Guest

Great post! I can't tell if this is as great as it seems or if I am just captivated by the 'gimmick' factor but I think I going to put a set of those on my 1911. The sights seem a bit large and bright but should only make it easier to acquire my target - especially since the 1911 is my nightstand gun. I would love to hear from anyone who actually bought these - if I am to be the first then I will post my review soon.

Thanks

6. fivecup

fivecup New Member

I just read my US Concealed Carry email and I too wondered if anyone on this site noticed the similarities between http://www.suresight.com's sights and those on the Steyrs. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flatter, but I could think of a better analogy. Different principle or inspired by Steyr? Too bad Steyrs are such a well kept secret, more people would see the irony if the secret was not so great.

7. Rotorflyr

Rotorflyr Active Member

The sure sights have gotten good reviews and have been around in one incarnation or another for a while (iirc they were marketed by someone else for a while, but there were production problems)
    I don't see them as a rip off of Steyr's sights nor do I see These Sights as a rip off either.

8. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

nose job

That front sight looks big enough to pick your nose with.Seems like it is just to big to me.