Would you sell your glock 19...

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by HEAVY, Dec 16, 2006.

1. HEAVY

HEAVY Guest

...so you can get an m9a1?

because i think that's what i'm about to do.

that seems the only way i can raise the money now.

can you honestly say i'm better off with the m9a1 than the g19?

fte's and extractor problems and all?

this would become my carry weapon and would rely on it to protect myself and my wife and 3 kids.

thanks. looking forward to reading your responses.

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

Have you handled the M9A1 :?: If the weapon seems to fit your hand better than a Glock it is something to consider.

I'm not one to advocate selling a gun to get another. I would rather save longer and have a second weapon.

I have owned the Glock 17/19/26/23/27/ and 30 over the years. Last year I picked up a Glock 22 AFTER having owned and fired both my M40 and M40A1. I still prefer the Steyr and find it fits me better and is more accurate.

3. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

would keep the glock. easy to get mags and spare parts for. though glock keeps updating things spare parts can become more troublesome with each revision of perfection.

looks like new glocks mags will have a notch for new mag release.

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

i would keep the Glock and wait to get the money. I would make sure that Steyr shot flawlessly before making it my CCW.....I agree with Mr. A on Glock.
    What parts are updated Mr. A .........??

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Heavy :)

Hmmm...

duh...Earth to Heavy... :roll:

Keep 'em both and add an 870 12'ver. :twisted:

Wulf <-- His Humble Opinion :wink:

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Unload the glock - the Steyr is THAT good :twisted:

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Keep the 19, get the Steyr and move the Steyr into CCW after it has proven itself. Thats what I did, and I still have my 19 and 17L.

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Ditto.......not every Steyr is trouble free.........

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Glocks are Ok, Steyrs are awesome!

I am just switching from a Glock 23, 22 to a Steyr M40-A1. I'll never go back!

Bob

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I own a Glock 19 & M9-A1 and I wouldn't get rid of the 19 for the Steyr.

Keep the 19 and save for a Steyr eventually if you want, but I actually prefer the Glock. 8)

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya LH* :)

I'm curious what about the G19 you prefer over the M9. PM me if ya like. Anyway, hava great holiday season. :p

Wulf

12. Matches

Matches Guest

If you're comfortable with the Glock keep it. If you are not satisfied with it go for the Steyr. Too many people seem to regret selling their guns.

13. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

So lets say your Steyr breaks down........now you are going to have to send it back for service because they are not letting parts out much.....So it would be nice to have a back up........So lets say your Glock breaks down..........there is a good chance you are going to be able to get a part and fix it yourself........or have that part on hand as many of us Glockaholics have................... :wink: