1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've taken this before, nothing surprising for someone who knows what they believe in. I think it takes most of the lefties by surprise.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I remember this from several months ago...The results were not quite the same...70/90, I think....this time...90/100. Not sure if that's good or bad...but I am getting more grouchy....and more Libertarian

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Apparently I'm straight 100% libertarian. I'm 100/100. If only the Libs would put someone out who didn't come across as a grade-A nutball.

The most famous Libertarian I know about is John Stossel. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. The only other Lib I know much about is Neal Boortz and I wouldn't vote for him if he were running for rest room attendant. The man's a moron.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Double dog ditto there.

Ron Paul is the best known Libertarian, now a Republican, but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. In a past life I ran for Congress (HofR) on the LP ticket, that's when I met him, and knew immediately he would be an excellent choice. He doesn't tell you what you want to hear, he tells you what he thinks. If you agree great, if not, he'll try to reason with you.

We need many, many more like him.

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
By the way Narsil, I'd vote for Stossel too!

Stossel/Paul, great ticket in 2012!

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
no, my views tend to not be totally liberal nor totally conservative. i think of it as a common sense approach. but i think i lean more towards the conservative as evidenced by the graph, i was on the border of centrist and conservative.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
60/100

Thought I was a little more Libertarian than that....

:eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
You probably are, but you don't get to vote for that sh!t on the quiz (or in the polling booth unfortunately). Also, why do we need a quiz to tell us which way we lean politically? Unless there are a bunch of liberal dem's on this board (which I highly doubt).

:joker:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't forget that the liberals on this forum are all armed. :)

(government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged rulez ^^ ... oh, and free (small charge) university enrollment does too)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Don't forget that the liberals on this forum are all armed. :)

(government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged rulez ^^ ... oh, and free (small charge) university enrollment does too)
A liberal gun owner is referred to as an Independent. :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i was a 60/50 centerist o_O which i thought was kind of fitting because i think there should be balance all around (and direct democracy to go along with it... but that's a different story).

and i always thought a well armed dem was called a republocrat :chair:

here's the definition from Specter's Big Book o' Random Crap (feel free to add to it!)

Republocrat: n. 1) Any persons self described as a Democrat/ Liberal who appreciates any assortment of weaponry ranging from Baseball bats to knives, but under no circumstances weapons classified as firearms. Because guns are "bad" mmmkay?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
That definition is funny....

Just wanted to throw out for everyone that "Democracy" is evil, and if you do honest research, I suspect most will find they don't like it.... Not one little bit.

A Democracy allows the majority total control of the minority on any given subject, while a Republic requires everyone to be treated equally under the law of the land, regardless of current popularity in any given group...

example:

Circa 1880's, an outlaw kills a man while robbing a bank and rides off with the loot on horseback. The Sheriff organizes his men and they hunt the outlaw. Eventually, the sheriff and a few of his men find him hiding in a barn.

In a Democracy, the Sheriff could suggest he be hanged for his crime, and take a vote of all men present to decide his fate.

In a Republic, the Sheriff is required to apprehend the criminal and bring him back to town so that he may have a fair trial, as required by the law of the land.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts