World's First S357 Range Report

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Netfotoj, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

What do you get when you take the barrel out of my M357-A1 and put it in BigTaco's S-40 slide, then jam one of Wulf's 15-round clips up in the grip?

You get the World's First S357, with a half-inch of barrel hanging out on one end and an inch or so of mag hanging out the other end and it all adds up to one bad-a**-shooting subcompact Steyr pistol!

Here's the World's First S357! (Just a bit fuzzy, but it's my camera-phone pic in low-light shade on a table under a shelter at the range, so gimme a break.)

[​IMG]

Since I was visiting BT's turf in Pittsburgh, he allowed me the honors of being the first to fire the beast and I was pretty well satisfied with the below target at 10 paces, roughly 25 or 30 feet. Not bad for a half-blind old gimp. Everything I shot that day seemed to be a bit off to the right, so it won't the pistols, it was me.

[​IMG]

Then BT took the beast in hand and just blew my little mess away. Check this out: 13 in the 10 ring and two so-called "flyers"! Holy Moly, I don't want that guy shooting at me!

[​IMG]

The only thing left to say it to the honchos at Steyr: I want my S357-A1! And I want it YESTERDAY! :mrgreen:

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i've always liked my s40. a lot.

but throwin that 357 barrel and 15 rounds of ammo into it felt like a whole new experience.

4. mrboma

mrboma Member

Wow

Awesome concoction.
    Mike

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Sweet!!! 8)

BT, Wulf, Net, whatta group effort to achive pistol nirvana! :wink:
    _______
    mugdava

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

History is made. Nasty little pocket rocket.

7. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam *foto...BT!!! :shock:

You guys musta hadda crowd about ya tryin' ta fig'r out just what the Hell kinda pistol you guys were wreakin' havoc with. :shock: Great shootin', both o' ya's. 8) And yeah, I'm really fuckin' envious that you guys got ta try one out 1st!!! :roll:

Wulf <-- feelin' pretty good for 'is Bros 8)

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

The crowd was me, BT and CanOBeans. Sorta strange to be at a range on the outskirts of the big city of Pittsburgh and not a living soul there but us. Quiet day at the Coraopolis range. So youse guys (as they say in Pittsburgh) are the only witnesses to history being made. Now, where's my S357-A1! :mrgreen:

9. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

Just so ya know, I have it on good authority that Steyr-Mannlicher's technical dept hasn't yet approved the S357 and an "improvised S357" would void the warranty. <shrug> Apparently,

OK, that havin' been said...

"Well...hurry the fuck up and approve the fuckin' things!!! :shock: Make 'em a-fuckin'-vailable to us PDQ!!!" :shock: You tellin' me that Smith an fuckin' Wesson builds a better fuckin' pistol??? :shock: That their fuckin' 40SW compact frames can sustain more fuckin' recoil than the S Series frames??? :shock: I mean DAYAM...their little M&P 357 SIG Compact is already available!!! :shock: ...and all the pieces to the S357's have been in place long before the M&P was made available!!! :shock: All ya gotta fuckin' do is assemble 'em and ship 'em the fuck over here. :shock: Hell, just get the fuckin' parts to us and we'll do it our-fuckin'-selves!!! :shock: Quit draggin' your fuckin' heels!!! :twisted: "

<BIG fuckin' SIGH>

... Sorry bout that. :oops:

Wulf <-- Doin' a little ventin' <shrug>

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tell us how you really feel, Wulf! :wink: You make a seriously good point. They seem to be bound and determined to miss every opportunity they have in this country. Why not forward that post to all your contacts here and abroad? If nothing else, point them all at this board again and remind them we exist - I'm pretty sure they just keep forgetting that there is such a thing as loyal fans of Steyr who want to spend more money...

Maybe it's because we're just Americans, and everyone knows that Americans only spend money on things they need, not consumer products they simply want... :roll: :roll: :roll:

WAKE UP STEYR - We want to make you more successful, but we need some incentive!!!

11. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Amen, Brother Wulf, preach on!

Here I am doing pistol research, looking for a bad-a** 357 Sig or 10mm or .45 ACP full-size and/or subcompact and if Steyr was offering any or all of the above, there would be no research needed, just Buy Steyr!

I love my M357-A1, but God help me, if Steyr doesn't get off the dime, I'll end up buying a G20 or G31 or G21 or a S&W or XD or EAA or whatever, just because I can't get the Steyr flavor I want. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :cry:

12. bmitchell

bmitchell Premium Member

13. Foofighter50

Foofighter50 New Member

Netfotoj and BT,

Great shooting ! And for all involved in the project, great ole American ingenuity!

Tell it all, Wulf! It is about time Steyr corporate woke up and got off of their duffs and started producing product for the U.S. market. Heck, down in my neck of the woods, nobody has even heard of Steyr, except maybe heard of their military rifles. I didn't know they made pistols until I saw one in a local pawn shop :eek: . After I saw it, I had to hold it. After I held it, I had to buy it.

I just happened to find this site, and you guys had most of the answers to the questions in my mind before I took the plunge. Thanks to all who contribute to this site! I ordered an M40-A1 from
    CDNN soon after I bought the M9. Then I searched and searched for the M357-A1. They would not sell to me directly as CDNN did, but I finally got one from Williams Shooters Supply. They may still have one, if anyone else is looking for the 357SIG model.

Hey, STEYR , a little bit of advertising would go a long way :idea: . You make a great product, so why not flaunt it?

14. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I googled Williams Shooters Supply and the website is for wholesale dealers only. If you have contact info or a bricks and mortar address, I know there's at least one more Steyroid looking for a M357-A1 in addition to speed, who just snagged one of the very few at a gun shop in Rock Hill, S.C., due to another member's posting about it.

The website http://www.willshoot.com/ does have some phone numbers, but says they are for wholesalers only: 800-637-9307.

Congrats on finding your M357-A1. As you know they're by far the rarest of Steyr pistols, with the possible exception of GBs, and I feel sure there must be other members of the site who would love to get their hands on one. :mrgreen:

15. Foofighter50

Foofighter50 New Member

Williams Shooters Supply, Quincy, IL , phone no. 217-222-4195

They will sell to and ship to your local FFL dealer C.O.D. if they don't have an account with them.

I had to pay my local dealer for shipping, transfer fee, and state sales tax, on top of the cost of the gun.