WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by RiceCakes, Jul 19, 2007.

1. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Just went out shooting today. Shot the piss out of my AR, shot a little of my Savage. And of course, shot my Steyr.

First I started with the defense stuff. Draw from the holster, pow pow pow. Rinse repeat. Good times. I shot ok, but I hadnt shot in about 9 months. When I focused I shot really well, milk jugs at 25 yards well. I was more practicing point shooting than anything.

So then I get bored, decide to see how far I can reach with my piece, since my buddy is popping off with his .44. I sit at the bench, sight in a milk jug at 60 yards (yes I ranged it). First two shots were off a bit. Third shot, POW, the damn thing pops up!! HAH! GOT IT!!! So I think "AWESOME, what else can I pop??" Well, the silouette target is sitting at 112 yards. I think, no way, but I'll try. POW..thump! POW..thump! POW..thump! 5 out of 7 times!!! Thats including one kneeling (a hit!). I was so stoked, anyone that thinks these babies can't shoot is OUT OF THEIR MIND!!! I went through almost 200 rounds out there with my pistol alone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Today was a good day.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds like a good day! And 100+ yards is nothing to scoff at - good job. 8)

3. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *cakes :)

I know what ya mean, havin' hadda similar experience with my M357-A1 while sightin' in a new Tikka T3...was the only time I ever considered variable scopin' a 4" barreled autoloadin' pistol. :shock: Seems like that kind o' fun only happens when ya least expect it. 8) What ammo were ya shootin' at the time? Hava nuther good 'un. :)

Wulf

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"Well, the silouette target is sitting at 112 yards. I think, no way, but I'll try. POW..thump! POW..thump! POW..thump! 5 out of 7 times!!! Thats including one kneeling (a hit!). "
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

5. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

9, 40 or 357? At 100 yards I'm betting 357, but I could be wrong and often am. Fess up! :mrgreen:

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

RiceCakes packs a .40 IIRC...

7. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Syntax has it. .40 with WWB valuepacks. I sat at the bench (no rest, just my hands) and put my sights squared up at the top of the target, and squeezed VERY slowely and nicely. Shooting my rifle has really taught me a lot about milking a trigger! Oh yeah, and i think it took me about 2 tries to "sight in", then I could hit it regulary. Where I hit I have no idea, it just thumped.