Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone’s favorite weapon-mounted light for the M9-A1 ? Wanting to get one and hear what works with the limited rail on the M9-A1.
Thanks, ahead of time. And Merry Christmas

·
Registered
29 Posts
I personally carry an XC-1 on mine and like it quite a bit. Its lumens aren't the highest but it will preserve your night vision in an enclosed environment like a house. It also fits it like a glove. Holsters can be a bit tricky and I had to have one custom made but it works well.

If you want an easy route I would go with a streamlight and a Blackhawk Omnivore but everything which works but is a bit larger of a package than it needs to be.

I have also been playing around the O-light lights due to their affordability and high output and have been very impressed. I keep a valkyrie mini 2 on my S9 and I like it a lot and it has held up extremely well. The rechargeable battery is also a big plus.

Hope this helps!
20170815_163340.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
TLR-7a fits really nice!
I have an Inforce APL on an L9-a1 that fits very nicely. But found the rail lug on the standard APLc to be in the wrong place. It would appear the APLc for the 'glock' rail will fit the M9 much better.
Now all that said, the inforce lights have had some issues with flicker for me. Especially when first turning them on after sitting idle for a couple days. So I'm not too fond of them lately
View attachment 4314

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
On the Long and M I use a TLR1 with my light bearing bolstering being a omnivore. Without the light on the IWB or a race holster it’s without a light. On the compact I have a TLR7 but I’ve been disappointed with its life span and it getting turned on by the holster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I am seeing that finding a holster that works with a M9-A1 and a light is a bit of a problem.

Any others than the Omnivore holsters out there for the M9 with a light ?
I looking at the TLR-7

·
Registered
102 Posts
Doubleclick is the only place I know that does a A2 and a light without sending it in for a custom unit. I have used we plead the 2nd for custom setups but doubleclick allows you to select a2 series and a light without sending it in plus he is a good guy to deal with. I have one of his iwb for a C9A2 and it is one of the most comfortable holsters I have used and have one for the A2 owb and the retention is good to go. That said I still use a omnivore at times for 2 gun if I am using a light and if not I use the doubleclick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a olight PL2 mini valkyrie on my M&P9. Here it is on my M40-A1. It's very bright (600 lumens) and the chargability is cool. I keep a usb powerbank in my safe with it.
photo0(10).jpg

Reactions: jr81452

·
Registered
24 Posts
All dressed up and no where to go...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Doubleclick is the only place I know that does a A2 and a light without sending it in for a custom unit. I have used we plead the 2nd for custom setups but doubleclick allows you to select a2 series and a light without sending it in plus he is a good guy to deal with. I have one of his iwb for a C9A2 and it is one of the most comfortable holsters I have used and have one for the A2 owb and the retention is good to go. That said I still use a omnivore at times for 2 gun if I am using a light and if not I use the doubleclick.
I have a discount code for DoubleClick Holsters ( TNSTEYR10 ) Its for Everything they make.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a discount code for DoubleClick Holsters ( TNSTEYR10 ) Its for Everything they make.
Great info fellas! Emailed with a guy at DoubleClick and he recommended a certain holster. A discount code is greatly appreciated!! Thanks TNSTEYR. I’ve watched a few of your videos and read your posts!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dang, I’ve ordered about 3 of them so far. Probably end up with another pretty soon, I’ll make sure to use it then. Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another vote for the olight PL2 mini valkyrie. Fits perfect and doesn't hang past the muzzle so it doesn't need cleaned after if you shoot with it on the weapon. Also, only the QR lever pivot point is wider than the for-end, so molding a holster to fit it is very easy. So much brighter than my streamlight and the usb charging feature means I don't have to carry spare cr123s.

Reactions: Roland_of_Gilead

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll add another vote for a TLR-7A. Battery powered, but bright and very long lasting. You can also unscrew the lens just a little for an unpowered mode for long term storage. Also I like the looks of it over an olight, no weird air gap at the trigger guard.
20200811_011208 (1).jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts