With regrets I put my S9 on a consignment sale.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by pistol_jeff, Dec 2, 2006.

1. pistol_jeff

pistol_jeff Guest

Today with regrets I put my S9 on a consignment sale at my local dealer. Since this is my only Steyr I will no longer be an offical club member. I want a S&W 952 and I need to help fund the purchase. The S9 has a nice trigger. No failures in function but I am tired of getting hit in the head by brass.
    I want to thank all of you for your help and the information provided by the club and its members.
    THANK YOU
    All the best.
    Jeff

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Jeff :)

Hey, ya don't gotta stay away from your Bro's just cause you're sellin' a firearm. <shrug> How much ya askin' for it? Maybe a member has what you're lookin' to trade for. Keep in touch and hava great holiday season. :p

Wulf

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Yep, like Wulf said, you probably could sell that here without biting 10% off the top.........

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Too bad there wasn't an easy fix for the brass problem.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

There is an easy fix.
    Ship it back to Steyr and they can fix it.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

+1. Doesn't the problem usually clear up after a few hundred rounds? What was your round count?

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I gotta say, those people at SAI are great. They returned my slide and barrel in less then two weeks with new parts, no charge, a patch and stick-ons..............try sending it first............but if not sell it to one of us...
    ....... :)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Give it a chance

You may regret selling that S9! I'd bet (like the above posters mention) SAI would take care of the brass-hitting-you issue.

I've found that I almost always regret selling guns, if not right away, then eventually. Most of them have a quality you often don't appreciate 'til they're gone. So the safest bet is to keep 'em all. :p

Okay, I don't miss my S&W .380 Sigma. :roll:

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Re: Give it a chance

Boy that was a real DOG of a pistol wasn't it??????? :roll:

10. pistol_jeff

pistol_jeff Guest

Thanks Guys for the encouragement.
    I do have regrets about a sig p225 I sold.
    The round count for the S9 is around 500. I bought it new.
    I diassembled and cleaned the gun to remove the sticky stuff.
    It tosses the brass front and to the right, to the right, to the right rear and on my head. I have tried different loads. The best shooting load which tossed to the right was aa7 and a 124g bullet. Factory loads were all over. I do like the trigger. Not sure about the sights.
    I have the S9 with 1 used mag, 1lnib mag, 1nib mag and a m9 nib mag.
    I can still get it back form my dealer if it dosen't sell. I would have to go through the background check to get it back. I find this to be a little stupid.

Can someone provide a link/info to the new factory repair center? The gun is over a year old so the warranty has expired.

Thanks
    Jeff

11. madecov

madecov Active Member

Steyr's address and phone number are in the Industry Forum.
    Unless ownership of the gun has changed (depending on state laws) you should not have to go through a background check again for it.

Steyr is also warranting the guns regardless of age.

12. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Here ya go, Jeff :)

Steyr Arms, INC.
    5977 Steeplechase Blvd.
    Cumming, Ga. 30040
    Phone number 770-888-4201

G'luck.

Wulf

13. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Good......I forgot who to talk to . I know Jeff Reese is the gunsmith. I remember, ask for Jack Riddle, He'll do right by ya. And warranty isn't a problem, just got mine back with new parts in less then two weeks, no charge............ :D

14. mikey

mikey Guest

Just to emphasize the point, my *1999* vintage M40 began giving me extraction problems a while back, and Steyr did indeed fix it for free. :p

So, absolutely, if you otherwise like your S9, I'd say send it to Steyr and let them take a shot at it. Their customer service is truly the best-in-the-business right now.