Wish Me Luck!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by smores, Jun 29, 2007.

1. smores

smores Guest

Tomorrow's the big day :)

Physical fitness and written tests for the Metro Transit Police. Hopefully I pass the initial screening! I've been working out and studying for over a month... I'll give you guys a SITREP tomorrow afternoon when I get back :D

2. Thin_Blue_Line

Thin_Blue_Line Guest

Good luck man, I have a good friend with MT and he really likes it for the most part. I will say he does have a di**headed supervisor from what I have heard and seen of him. Thats all part of the fun of being an LEO. :wink:

Chris

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Goodluck Bro! Be sure to let us know how it goes... 8)

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Good luck.
    Maybe I'll see you on the Orange Line soon.

5. smores

smores Guest

*D'oh* - I'm back already. I was asked for my expungement paperwork from a charge that was dismissed in court. The gentleman I spoke with (some sort of supervisor, the only guy in a suit jacket that I saw) said I could take the test and everything if I was 100% sure that my record was clear. I told him I'm only 99% sure, so he told me not to worry, that they have PLENTY of spots to fill - and that he wanted me to come back on July 14th to take the tests.

I'm a little mad because no one told me to bring that stuff with me... if I knew I needed it I could have gotten it. Oh well. Now I have two more weeks to work out and study even more so I can get a 100% on that exam...

BTW - I got a sneak peek at the competition. I have 3 things working to my advantage. 1 - I belong to one of the less well-represented races; 2 - I wasn't dressed all "thugged out" like some others; 3 I have no visible tattoos. I saw at least 20 people (out of about 100) with visible tattoos. If my experience in the military tells me anything, it's that they're generally frowned upon.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Good luck! :)

Oh, yeah, Baby! You go, Bro! :)

Wulf

7. smores

smores Guest

Another thing I noticed... a lot of different sidearms being carried. I saw a lot of SIGs, one of the new H&Ks (either P2000 or P30), and a couple revolvers. Maybe they'll let me pack the M40-A1 ;)

8. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

good luck!! lots of work to be done in that industry in that area. :wink:

9. Seven

Seven Premium Member

It's only two weeks...

...so good luck on the next go-around, CF! :D