Steyr Club Forums banner
57K views 118 replies 74 participants last post by  revjen45 
#1 ·
Tell us what your top 5 accessories that need to be made for the M and S are...

Examples would be grip plug for M's, rail adapters, mag loaders, etc.

-D

G
#2 ·
Well higher capacity mags specifically for the S9 have to be tops.

Night sights that retain the triangle sight picture would be close behind or maybe even equal - after all 11 is usually enough.

Extended slide release/stop for those of us with short thumbs.

A grip plug would be nice if only cosmetically/slight cleaning advantage.

And a metal trigger with 3lb approx pull conversion kit would be a personal choice I'd like.

Other than that it's pretty much perfect - I'm not one to go in for too many rail accessories or gizmos.

REading this list makes it pretty obvious I came from Glocks first eh? :lol:

G
#3 ·
A metal guide rod with captured spring for the M9
or....
A specified replacement spring for use with the JackAsh guide rod (since I already have one!)

Agree on the trapezoidal night sights...they have to retain the same quality in daylight that they have today.

An affordable rail adapter (less than the current 20% of the price of the gun!)

Otherwise, I'm a happy camper!

Jim

#4 ·
Ditto the trap night sights. Even if they were just small tritium dots within the stock tri/traps, so that daytime sight would be the same and night sights would be the more traditional three-dot alignment in the dark.

That gets me thinking if maybe stock night sights would be easier to make than we originally thought......

I'd also love to see some sort of intergated laser availability, although I can't say I'd fork over the cash they seem to go for; could buy another Steyr and few mags for that price.

Grip plug would be cool from purely a looks standpoint.

#5 ·
I agree with all the above.

I would only add that I would like to see a proper grip plug with lanyard attachment for the M-series pistol. It looks like it would accept one, but I've never been able to find one for sale.

In addition, I'd like to see those laser sights that fit into the spring and have a built in look to the weapon. I've seen them available for Glocks so I know they exist.

G
#6 ·
tt/ night sites sights as mentioned, I like the idea of just inserting the three dots and then at daytime they are the sam as the are now.

how about something simple... a grip extender sleeve for using M mags in S pistols like they have for the XD compacts. (thinking about buying one and trying to dremmel it to fit)

#8 ·
i wholeheartedly wish everyone would stop referring to steyrs as 299.00 guns, as steyrs in .40 cannot be had for that any longer. the going retail on .40 steyrs is now at 399.00 and up. if you can find one. Sure there may be the stray .40 on gunbroker or listed elsewhere online cheap , but in terms of mass availibility of our guns for cheap prices.. those days are long gone. And i do not think Steyr will make much of a name for itself if everyone keeps expecting it to be a "budget" firearm.. The more owners use this terminology the longer steyr will remain the stepchild of other manufacturers.

For the record, i dont agree with rail adapters being 60 bux either. But its a supply and demand thing. if there is only ONE manufacturer of that part its going to stay expensive.. Also keep in mind the rail adapters are WORTHLESS on any S series steyr.. Headsup ..

G
#10 ·
Well it seems like we have a definite winner.

If anyone with connections or mechanical skill finds a way to keep the trap/tri sights and have nightsights installed consider me a willing and eager beta-tester!

#12 ·
GunTotinLiberal said:
Well it seems like we have a definite winner.

If anyone with connections or mechanical skill finds a way to keep the trap/tri sights and have nightsights installed consider me a willing and eager beta-tester!
Unfortunately, it seems that obtaining tritium capsules is near impossible for Joe Schmo. I emailed Trijicon about it, and have gotten no response yet. But it seems the only way to obtain it is for mass-produced consumer items. Since it is radioactive, it's restricted.

Still working on it, though. As I see it, if I can get my hands on some capsules, it would be a fairly simple process of drilling a few holes and epoxy-ing them in. Access to a drill press shouldn't be too hard (even if I had to buy the damn thing); I think the hardest part would be determining the actual sight picture and placing the holes properly in the sights so they line up well.

I'm still looking into it.

#13 ·
Tri-trap night sights....tops...no question

also would like....

Super-hi-cap mags (like the 30 round glock mags i see sometimes)

Carbine kit for the M9 not just the M40

and yes...MoD is right....proper grip plug with lanyard attachment for the M-series pistol, would be great

G
#14 ·
Trap nite sights. I know this is getting old.

The new ones must have the same look as the current front sight in daylight. Night time use can be three dot, but I must have the same big white triangle for use in the day. I have only been shooting with the triangle for two weeks but already this has made a LARGE impact in my target aquisition. I REALLY like the triangle! So much that I have abandoned (for carry) three other pistols with night sites. 8O

The rear grip channel plug is also a nice idea. I am glad it is in the works.

G
#16 ·
Not to be a repeat, but trap night sights would be good. First and foremost is a true trap set, but I would settle for 3 dot at night.

3 or 3.5 lb trigger group.

Grip plug is in the works.

Extended slide stop.

Captured spring steel guide rod.

#24 ·
Slip-on grip sleeves to add a hump to the rear of the grip- in different shapes to adapt the grip to individual hands. Also sign me up for express sights ( shallow v with a gold or white dot over vertical white bar. Night sight is horizontal bar across the bottom with tritium in the middle of the dot in front. ); replacement trigger @ 3.5" and smoother. Economical adapter for light/ laser. Hi-cap mags for S9.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.