Steyr Club Forums banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
The most Things I really need from Steyr .
1.Tritium day/night sight in Trapzoid shape.
2.Trigger set that lighter than standard and also smooth too ,about 2.5-3.5 pounds.
3.Conversion kit for .22LR
4.M series in .45ACP with 10 rounds magazine capacity at least.
5. Smaller dust cover than M-A1 or remove able piccatiny rail.

· Registered
70 Posts
Hi cap mags, more holster options is all I can think of. I love my 3rd Steyr M40A1. Seems like every time I let someone shoot ome of mine they have to have it?

Question, Where do we post pics of our pistols?

· Registered
383 Posts
Welcome To Steyrclub, where threads never die! :joker: Interestingly enough, I just went back to the beginning and re-read all the original (2005 was it?) "Wants" for the M's. I'd say we did pretty good!
Grip Plug - DONE by BT
Hi-Cap Mags - DONE by Spart and sorta by SAI
Tritium Sights - Homegrown only?
Captured Guide Rods - DONE by BT
Spring replacement / trigger pull issues - DONE by BT
Hosters - Done by HeavyMetalMachine and LuvMy40

Unless we wanna continue in the "Why won't they make a .45!" vein - I think we should close this one...
Just goes to show you what a great group of motivated individuals can accomplish. Awww, that's makin me all warm and fuzzy inside. [sniffle]
:cheers:

Reactions: dcroc52

· Registered
36 Posts
Currently I am having difficulty acquiring a .40 cal barrel, so I would like to see just parts in general more available for the Steyr M/S series . Of-course I would cream my pants if I can have fuller capacity magazines and triangular night sights.

And what is this nonsense with the $299 Steyr M series? If you can get one for $299 I will buy all of them! My brother just picked up an M series .347 sig and he paid $600. I would imagine they should cost more due to the rarity and phenomenal quality compared to the Glock.

· Premium Member
1,665 Posts
Up until just under a year ago IIRC, CDNN had M40-A1's and M9-A1's for $299.99 with two hi-cap mags. That's where I got mine. :) They bought the entire US stock when the Steyr US distributor went under. Steyr decided they were no longer importing pistols to the US right as CDNN sold their last Steyr pistol. When I say "right as," I mean "right as" as in the two events occurred within a one month period.

Kinda sad in a stupid, marketing can't see the forest for the trees kind of way. :(

Reactions: dcroc52

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi again everyone.

Still waiting on my M9A1... another few weeks til they arrive in Australia.

In the meantime, here's a few little discoveries I've stumbled across. I've been scouring the net to see if there are any aftermarket parts yet. The short answer is no. Aside from holsters, I can't find anything that doesn't require significant modifications.

Anyway, here's what I found (and sorry for the lack of hyperlinks - my browser is playing up again).

RED DOT SIGHTS / REFLEX:
If you send the guys at OneSourceTactical.com the slide for your Steyr M (any model), their technicians will cut a dovetail for the Trijicon RMR sight, or any other red dot sight of your choice. But beware, it's not cheap. $250 plus the sight. If you source the optics from them, it'll cost you an additional:

Trijicon RMR LED: $564 (sight)
Trijicon RMR Dual Illumination: $485 (sight)
Leupold Delta: $35 (extra milling) + $449 (sight)
Burris FastFire II: $35 (extra milling) + $209 (sight)
If you want backup iron sights, that'll cost you $50 (rear iron sight behind red dot) or $125 (rear iron sight in front of red dot sight)

Now, you may remember GTIdentity put a Burris FastFire II on his Steyr M9 a couple of years ago - http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/8054-Burris-FastFire-II-red-dot-sight?p=71794

Anyway, GTIdentity milled the Burris Novak Dovetail mount, NOT the slide. It appears the guys at OneSourceTactical are milling the slide itself. It seems a shame to irreversibly cut up your Steyr that way. Mind you, the backup suppressor iron sights are a good idea (they explain why on their site under FAQ).
Check out their service here:
http://www.onesourcetactical.com/advancedcombatglockslidemodificationsoncustomersslide-1.aspx

TRITIUM NIGHT SIGHTS:
Trijicon Steyr-Mannlicher M-A1 3 Dot Front & Rear Night Sight Sets are available from opticsplanet:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/trijico...a1-3-dot-front-rear-night-sight-set-st01.html

Well, thats all for now. One can only hope that these new imports trigger some action in the aftermarket.

Finally, I came across a fantastic overview of the history and design of the Steyr M and S series, written by PeteJ88 at TheFiringLine.com back in 1999:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2193

-Ed

· Premium Member
235 Posts
Extended (higher capacity, like 25-35 rounds) 9mm and 40 S&W magazines.
A factory (or at least Steyr authorized) endurance/durability test using the M series that could be used in advertising for same.

Bittrich

· Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps a kit to add the European M-40's manual safety to M and S-40A1s for those of us who just liked that feature?

I'd also like to see more holster choices.

How about the good old trapezoid/triangle sights with glow-in-the-dark inserts? That would be neat, I really like those sights.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.