Steyr Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

· Premium Member
431 Posts
Hmmm

A new compound miter saw...... wait, wait wrong wish list. Santa has already come and gone. Factory extended mag releases. I have to take off my button extender when I go IDPA. Also one of those secret cones of silence from Get Smart. And ditto to all the other submissions before me. Oh yeah, mag wells that allows me better insertion of my 12 round clips. I don't care so much about extended mags, 'cause I shot Limited 10 in USPSA (frown).

Thanks Oliver B. !!!

Take Care All,

MidTNShooter

· Registered
358 Posts
mugdava said:
Onna them S40-A1s! 8)
_______
mugdava
I wanted one of those, until I saw the funked up slide. It's basically an M40 slide on an S40 frame. I'm a little disappointed.

· Registered
1 Posts
M9 backstrap plug for 12.80??

Hi, All
Just joined up from a search for a plug that brought up your site. The search engine mentioned a unit people were getting for 12.80, if I'm accurate. Is this still available? Or a similar product?
Thanks, Wkndman
M9 &
USR, what fun!!.....

· Registered
212 Posts
4 lb trigger kit, dedicated sight pusher, Tritium trap sights, Meprolights, Heine Slant Pro Straight 8 sights, Wolff mag springs, Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster, .357 SIG drop-in conversion barrel, and an aggressive marketing campaign on the part of Steyr USA.

· Registered
925 Posts
I have simple wishes.

More holster options for the MA1 and of course for the SA1.

Trapezoid night sights optional from factory.

A return of the manual safety for the SA1 or MA1 or at least with special order the ability to have them.

The Mannox Finish (we'll get that I'm just not patient).

The Steyr AUG A3 produced here in the USA to get around import restrictions.

A 10mm and .45 ACP version of the MA1.

Some Cool Steyr Shirts, Hats, Fleece with the Trap Logo.

Some very attractive Austrian models dressed in sexy clothing present at the SHOT 08' Steyr booth.
:D

· Registered
529 Posts
here is my small list for requested addons for Steyr:

1- 3LB trigger conversion kit, you could take out the entire trigger mechanism and insert a new on.
2- Triangle/Trapazoidal night sights, just put a tritium ring around the front triangle and replace the rear sights with tritium lines.
3-Metal trigger conversion kits
4- metal guide rods
5- More grip options something like the interchangable backstraps
6- Grip plugs
Nothing elaborate but just things to custom your Steyr and make them more "personal Defense" friendly.

· Premium Member
387 Posts
Well.... I don't have a "...top 5 accessories that need to be made for the M and S..." because I'm physically having all the desires I could ever want for my M40-A1 actually performed on it by Springer Precision LLC.

:p ........ :p ........ :p ........ :p ........ :p ........ :p

Darn.... that's really not precisely true now is it? (hindsight being what it is). The only thing 'more' I would have liked seen done on my pistol, would have been the installation of an oversized magazine release button.

:beer:

(Yea, I know.... I seem to be talk'n a lot of smack now, but just watch what will likely happen once everything is "said and done." My cott'n pick'n M40-A1 might ultimately turn-out to be nothing more than an over-pimped door stop or paper weight; all kinds of functional and reliability problems occuring due to all the crapola I've put the firearm through.... :oops:)

· Registered
1,124 Posts
I thought I posted here...guess not...

Night trap sights would def be #1 on the list...then, at a very close second, would be an integrated laser sight for there where the guide rod shows...then I guess higher cap magazines and an oversized mag release button...I think thats it.

· Premium Member
431 Posts
Garys4598 said:
Darn.... that's really not precisely true now is it? (hindsight being what it is). The only thing 'more' I would have liked seen done on my pistol, would have been the installation of an oversized magazine release button.
Gary...Gary...Gary, You are so right. What did you end up doing about your Mag button idea? When I shoot "Betty" in IPSC/USPSA... I have a time consuming chore with that DARN button. Fill Me In Brother. I want to tap the existing button and insert my STI oversized button !!!!!!!

Take Care,
MTS

· Premium Member
387 Posts
midtnshooter said:
Garys4598 said:
Gary...Gary...Gary, You are so right. What did you end up doing about your Mag button idea? When I shoot "Betty" in IPSC/USPSA... I have a time consuming chore with that DARN button. Fill Me In Brother. I want to tap the existing button and insert my STI oversized button !!!!!!!

Take Care,
MTS
I decided.... to do nothing with my mag release button. Heck, I had the parts and screws and micro drill bits to make an attempt with it... but after deciding to go with the a composite finish on my pistol's entire lower.... I gave up on the idea of the oversized mag release. If you'll recall, when I broached Scott Springer with this request, he indicated it essentially would be cost prohibitive.

Oh well?

Funny thing though.... this reminds me of the fact that Jeff Reece from SAI said he would send me an OEM mag release button spare part... so that I could attempt my mod project without fear of not being able to have on hand a replacement part in the event things went bad. Well.... I never received the replacement part from SAI or Jeff.... so apparently he blew me off. How about that??!!!

· Premium Member
5,090 Posts
I'm guessing the tritium vial would be pretty susceptible to breakage with it exposed along the edges like that... On the plus side, though, one probably wouldn't need as much tritium in the front sight - I believe NRC regulations were one of the hangups with the "classic idea" for a tritium trap setup...

· Premium Member
431 Posts
One thing has always made me question.....

... The whole night sights issue.

1) When would you use it? In the night time when you are asleep or awaken in the middle of the night?

Can you see your target? A flashlight, frame mounted shines, exposing your position.
A stratigic second hand Maglight with an overgrip and a momentary on/off switch is the right choice.

2) Day light shots?

Fiber is the best choice for shot placement.

Hmmmm?

Any follow ups?

Take Care All,

MTS

· Registered
358 Posts
Just realized I hadn't posted the most fervent wish I have...

10MM!!!

41 - 60 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.