Wife's S40 ejecting brass in her face

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by remat457, Sep 3, 2006.

1. remat457

remat457 New Member

Hello,
    My wife and I took the S40 out of the safe for the first time last week and shot it. Worked perfectly (unlike my other one which had a definite break in period) except that the brass ejected directly into her face--which she didn't particularly like :)

It could be her grip, but she doesn't have this same problem with other 40's. Anyone suggestions?

I know that in 1911's you can round the bottom of the extractor to let go of the case earlier but know little of the S40 design..

Thanks

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

My M40 had brass going back and hit me in the forehead. after around 500 rounds it went away.

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

give it 600-800 rounds to settle in. it usually goes away. Aslo try cleaning the extractor, walkthrough is stickied on the mainenance section.

4. remat457

remat457 New Member

Much obliged for the tips! I will check out the maintenance section for extractor cleaning.

Even though she gets a burned forehead from brass she loves the pistol :)

5. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 Guest

My S9 NEVER stopped pinging my forehead , I sent it in and they (SAI) could not get it right and they sent me a brand new S9-A1. No problems
    at all except I miss my drop down safety.

6. Gray_Wolf

Gray_Wolf New Member

I reached 1000 round mark yesterday with my M9-A1 (only had it for a couple month)

out of 70rounds I shot lat night two cases hit me in the head; my other M9 (see my signature :p :oops: ) never none that, but with Steyr it was much worse when the gun was new; I would fire a shot and than try to duck the brass I even got pretty good at it :lol:

7. Matches

Matches Guest

Be sure to wear eye protection (should be wearing it any time you shoot) and a brimmed hat at the range. My M9 still throws one back every now and again but it has gotten much better with time and use.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

My M40 has about 6k rounds thru it and on a few ocassion I still get a brass in the forehead.

One thing I did find out which might be an issue with yours or not. The following ammo in low to high was more problematic with brass in the head in MY gun

S&B
    speer
    fiocchi
    federal
    umc
    win

THe walmart UMC stuff was remarkly more prone vrs the S&B with brass thrown straight back into the shooter face. I haven't nail down the difference as to why but that what I found in my gun.