Why only the m9 series with issues?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by nuj, Oct 22, 2012.

1. nuj

nuj New Member

Hello to all, it has been a very long time since I posted anything here in the forum. Mainly because I sold my M9A1 a long time ago. But I'm planning to buy a new steyr again and could not decide whether to get the M9 again or the M40. Actually I had experience with the M40 but it's the first gen. model which I sold and got a M9A1 instead. anyway, I wonder why it's always the M9 series that has a problem. Could it be that the M series was really designed for the 40s&w? Like the glock, which was first designed for the 9mm.
    My only problem with the M9 was that I broke a firing pin a long time ago and had one done by my good friend which passed away. He really did a good job on that firing pin because the guy that I sold it too, didn't call me anymore.
    If ever I decide to get an M9A1 again I hope its not one of those for recall. Parts for the steyr here in the philippines are hard to come by.

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya nuj :)

Sorry to hear about ur friend, Bro. *sigh*

Ya wanna 40SW or a 9X19MM? Either way, you're gonna love the new M*-A1's...better trigger and less incidents of unreliability.

Welcome home, Bro. :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- still wishes he could getta M Series grip with all the latest M-A1 upgrades

3. nuj

nuj New Member

thanks wuff,
    its good to be home, actually i'm a bit far away from home at the moment. i'm working here in new zealand at the momemnt. i'm planning to go home this christmas and if all goes according to plan, i'll probably buy again a new steyr Mx A1. x because i haven't made up my mind if i will go for the M40 or m9.
    decision decision decision, maybe if i start reading all the past thread i'll be able to decide whats best for me ;)
    thanks again bro for the warm welcome.

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya nuj :)

I love NZed!!! I still got mates on South Island...Queenstown, Arrowtown, Coronet Pk, Glenorchy an' all around Wakitupu.

If ur ever in Queenstown, drop in the Lonestar Bar an' Grill...tell James Wulf says howdy! I still gotta pr o' 14" Elephant Ear ridin' boots anna pr o' spurs in the showcase there! :thumbsup:

If ur into horses, check out Moonlight Stables an' tell Viki Wulf says howdy and I still love her beautiful eyes.

Shotover Stables is great, too. Tell Janis I send my love.

God, whatta beautiful part o' the world.

Lotta great ppl in NZed. :thumbsup:

Take care, Bro.

Wulf <-- missin' all 'is mates on South Island

5. nuj

nuj New Member

hello wulf,
    will do take care and lets make this site more fun for all. cheers