Why no Fobus?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by HEAVYJ, Sep 13, 2006.

1. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

I have a Fobus for all other hand guns I have. I'm thinking about a M9 today and I was checking and found that Fobus does not make a line for the M9. Oh, by the way........ I'm new here Hi !!

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Welcome and youre correct, Fobus does not make one for the Steyr. But a Sig 229 make be close or some other gun. You will love a Steyr M9 in your collection. There are many other choices for holsters. check the Web Links on the Left................ :D

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

fobus doesn't make for a lot of guns.
    we have a whole forum devoted to holsters. Steyr holsters are usually customm ordered, no off the shelf offerings that I'm aware of.

4. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

IMO it's no loss that fobus does not make holsters for Steyr's. I dislike how fobus holsters feel. I'd rather buy quality over that junk anyday.

5. celsee

celsee Guest

Sounds like you have found something you like in fobus...never have had one myself.

Am waiting for a quick companion from grandfatheroak to arrive any day, have heard good things on this forum about them.

If into leather, there is blue line leather, but from comments made it takes a loooong time coming!

Welcome to a great forum :!:

6. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Im also waiting for the quick companion. Cant wait to get it. Heard great things about it.

7. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

+1

8. madecov

madecov Active Member

But it does fit a niche. there are those who like them. They are inexpensive and are generally available all over. I think if/when Fobus makes a holster for Steyr you will start to see more accessories for the Steyr as it sorta means the gun has reached a level of popularity.

9. ShelbyV8

ShelbyV8 New Member

Get the one for the Sig, then cut out the dust cover portion of the holster and M series will fit right in.

10. Ammo08

Ammo08 New Member

Which SIG is close to the Steyr? The 229? And what do you mean by the "dust cover" on the Fobus holster?

I might go that way til I can get up the money to buy an El Paso Saddlery or some other really nice CCW holster.

11. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

CompTac in Kydex.......IWB.......

12. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

Well....I don't have to think about a holster now due to the deal that I was trying to make with a co-worker fell through. So for now...no Steyr for me (right now) I will own one some day. I hope with me not owning a Steyr I'm still welcomed here, Thanks for all info on the holsters. Good Day!

13. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

There is a dealer here in CO that will sell them at cost + $10. Over in Grand Junction. They had a new M40 and M9 for 400 each. Its called A Pawn Shop, if youre interested. I might be able to dig up a phone number if you want.

14. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Heavy :)

No worries, Mate. No one is gonna be negative to ya just because ya don't have one yet. <shrug> If you act like a gentleman on this forum, you are very welcomed, regardless of what you shoot. I'll bet the vast majority of the Club members have more than one pistol, rifle, shotgun, etc. But, when ya get your Steyr, you'll be miles ahead of new Steyr owners who haven't yet been intro'd to the Club. Hava great week.

Wulf

15. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

fair warmning though; the more time you spend here, the more pronounced your jones for a Steyr will be :lol: