Why no 45 for Steyr?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by southernfryedyankee, Feb 21, 2013.

1. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

I think an S45A1 or M45A1 might be next on my list if they came out with 1. I really don't know if it could beat my S40A1 but I would give it a shot, I always wanted a 45 and on a Steyr platform I could see that being a top shooter

2. Polecat

Polecat New Member

I'm with ya. Glad this thread got revived. Back when Steyr was in Cumming, GA, Jack mentioned they were developing a .45 and an ultra compact weapon. These were supposed new designs, distinct from the M-series. That was a few years ago. I am bummed they have not brought a .45 to the market either. I would buy one in a heart beat. Also, the original "L" series was supposed to utilize 1911 magazines, don't know what came of that either.

Best,
    Dave

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Anyone notice that the L-A1 posted for review shows a 4" barrel length - WUWT?

4. jhb

jhb Member

i'd like a "L" in gods caliber myself. i'm a 1911 fan and prefer a longer barrel around 5" would be ideal for me, but that's me.

i see on the steyr site they do show 4" or 102mm for the l-a1? not sure if this is a typo or if i am misunderstanding how they are measuring? i thought the l-a1 was gonna be 4.5" or so....but once again i'd prefer 5" myself.

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I'm sure it's a typo. In previous communications w/ SAI, they confirmed it was 4.5".

6. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Hmm. I might have to buy one for a game gun.