Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
better trigger, better ergos, In my personal opinion better looks.

why is Glock a contender at all?

is it all in the advertising?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
better trigger, better ergos, In my personal opinion better looks.

why is Glock a contender at all?

is it all in the advertising?
Well, the fact that Glock has sold eleventy billion pistols to everybody under the sun has something to do with it. Face it, Glock makes a fine pistol, simple, reliable and inexpensive.

Bittrich

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Well, the fact that Glock has sold eleventy billion pistols to everybody under the sun has something to do with it. Face it, Glock makes a fine pistol, simple, reliable and inexpensive.

Bittrich
Hiya Bit*...

and good call.

Corvette or Camaro? Price tag an' performance b/t the 2 pistols..."unequivocal". <shrug>

But, put 'em in ur paws, an' whataya got?!

Wulf <-- paws down, prefers Steyr M or M-A1 Series over "Camaro", trigger-wise, reliability-wise and ergonomically speaking...otb <shrug>

·
Registered
667 Posts
Bah. Crap ergos, crap trigger, crap sights - Glock is running on the fumes of former glories and the fumes coming out of the fanboys who are scared to admit something might be better. The Glock will not die, but it's in the process of becoming a runner-up to the 1911 in the "old man's pistol" category. If Steyr keeps moving and Glock doesn't, Steyr's got a clear shot at the title. It just hasn't gotten there yet.

Or at least that's what I think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If Steyr (or any other brand for that matter) wants to do anywhere near as well as glock have, then the manufacturer will have to push BIG time to get the military/law enforcements contracts that glock have already got. It's not impossible at all, just difficult, to make a good break into this market. IMHO if this was accomplished then success is almost certain.
Steyr might produce a better firearm than glock but their advertising and contract accomplishments deffinitely aren't.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There are far better guns out there than a lot of glocks, even name brain main stream guns. It's just the marketing and use area's of the gun like stated.

Glocks have always been known for reliability, unless your shooting mine which is a piece of junk.

Think of it like politics.
Some of these people keep getting re-elected even though nobody likes them. Magine that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts