Why is the Steyr so much heavier than

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by briang2ad, Sep 12, 2007.

1. briang2ad

briang2ad New Member

2. NicoX

NicoX New Member

Because you have it with ammunition louded.. :p 8)

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Steel sub frame

While the Glock is a decent weapon, it isn't the be all and and all.

I think the P99 is lighter than a Glock.

4. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

I guess I've never really played with a glock that much, I thought the Steyr was one of the lightest guns I've ever had the chance to shoot. My duty weapon is heavy as shit compared to it... =/ Besides, I think it is about perfect weight to help with recoil compensation, etc.

<3 steyr

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

More steel, less Tupperware. :)

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I couldn't believe the difference when I bought my first Glock, G29 10mm, and compared it to my M357-A1.

And when I removed the slide from the G29, I thought that all-plastic lower (hardly seems accurate to call it a frame) was going to float away, compared to the frame of my Steyr.

And when I tried to take a photo of my new G29, another revelation. I propped the slide up against a box of shells to set it up at an angle and the frame kept popping up in the air. I had to put a loaded magazine in it to make the darn thing hold still propped up on the box of shells to take a photo. Big difference in Glock vs. Steyr. :mrgreen:

7. briang2ad

briang2ad New Member

Anyone have a Glock AND a Steyr...

and post them internally side by side - especially the MA1.

Also - which is WIDER - Glock 19 or Steyr M9 - A1?

8. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor New Member

You guys should check out FN FNP-9 - it feels like an airsoft toy - it's that light.

9. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Re: Anyone have a Glock AND a Steyr...

What do you want?

BTW- they are IDENTICAL in width.....

10. BTF/PTM

BTF/PTM Guest

Who cares, glocks are hideous compared to the Steyr :D Seriously, Steyr to a glock is like comparing a modern all-glass skycraper to an egyptian pyramid.

11. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

I appreciate the weight....especially when shooting...

Jerry

12. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

FIRST: briang2ad asked a simple question and I tried to give him a simple answer....

SECOND: "Who Cares"? I care. brian2ad obviously cares, or he wouldn't ask. In all truth, We cannot be sure how many people might have actually cared to hear the answer to brian2ad's question. You don't seem to care... and that is OK... just as it is for others TO CARE....

THIRD: I say to you, BTF/PTM, "WHO CARES that you don't"?????

...thanks for sharing, anyway.....

13. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Ain't heavy compared to my 2.3 pound MRI Baby Eagle! :lol:

14. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Uh, I am not sure I know which of these I'm expected to think is better...

Glocks are hardly hideous. I know a lot of people complain about the way they feel in the hand, but I like them quite a bit. Despite advertising claims, Glocks are not perfect, but they are great.

15. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

I think they are ugly as sin, but I won't take away from them that they are a decent gun. I don't hate them I just don't prefer them. We can all sit here and say which gun is the prettiest and which is the ugliest but that gets us nowhere. Functionality is what it comes down to. It just so happens the Steyr weapons tend to look pretty sexy ;)

poof.

16. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Absolutely correct.....

Appearance is a very subjective discussion......

Functionality, however, is a scientific & statistic type discussion.... either it works, or it does not....

17. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I just heard about the FN FNP-45, which hasn't been reviewed yet here and may not even be on sale yet. I don't suppose you've seen or shot one, by chance?

If not, how about the FNP-9? I'm sure it's a great pistol but my main concern when considering buying any pistol is the trigger. I believe all the FN's have DA/SA triggers. Any idea what the trigger weight is? I didn't see it on the FN site, for either DA or SA. An acceptable DA trigger and a crisp, light SA trigger is the deal maker/breaker for me. :mrgreen:

18. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

There was a thread over on AR15.com posted by some guys who got to shoot the prototypes in the spring.
    They liked it.

FN says they will be shipping them in October, but as with all things gun related, shipping deadlines are "subject to change".

If it's out before Christmas, I'll be happy.