Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or how to start off a new forum devoted entirely to political musings so that the Pub section can serve as an outlet solely for jokes and musings on religion.

So, to kick off this new thread. Communism. Seems a healthy take on how to improve the human condition. What do you guys think?

-Signed: Notatroll... I swear....

http://www.anu.edu.au/polsci/marx/classics/manifesto.html

10 Planks of the Communist Manifesto

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equal distribution of the population over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.[6]

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
i can't vote till i see the five year plan:)

sewerman

·
Registered
230 Posts
I rather believe in the tenet's in "Atlas Shrugged".

Personally, I enjoy personal liberty, I expect personal liberty, and I will fight for personal liberty.

Communism sucks ass.

:D

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
So does HOA's (Home Owner Associations).

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I hate HOAs...I'm going to do my best to never live in a neighborhood that has one.
Like this one? ;)

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/*******-mansion.jpg

:eek:

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Looks better than some areas I've seen with HOAs. Now as for the safety of the community... that much aluminum and 2x2s is bound to draw tornados from miles around.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
How do you charge rent on land if it's public? If everyone owns it, it's there for everyone.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
That's fine. Just make sure there are no loopholes for slimy businesspeople to avoid paying up. It always seems the middle class takes it hardest, since they generally don't employ a standing army of lawyers and accountants to help them dodge taxes like the rich folk.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
That's just stupid. Private property is private.

5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
Look at the Federal Reserve. We already have that! :-/

6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
Bad idea, and I can't see it ever happening in this country.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equal distribution of the population over the country.
All these ideas are dated. They've been tried, but not with great success. Probably would have sounded a lot better to somebody living in 19th century.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.[6]
OK. Even better if you dump No Child Left Behind.

·
Registered
1 Posts
in reality it's more like all inheritance rights are re-directed to the state.

the weight of responsibility in a free society can be heavy... so go communist and leave all the responsibility up to the gov - it wont cost you a dime because you don't deserve to own property anyway! hahah

those things that sound too good to be true, are often scams.
communism is a scam searching for people who want to be subjugated.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gotta take this one guys, its too easy....

How do you charge rent on land if it's public? If everyone owns it, it's there for everyone.
Think open source. It's public land in that the collective (all of us combined) own it. It is NOT public in that all of the individuals own it. A governing housing body, elected by the middle class, maintains the land and properties, and everyone pays rent. Think of a church today, everyone pays tithes to get the money put right back into the church. Instead of one elitist money monger taking all of the rent, the rent is gathered from all and put into all of the land and property that everyone uses.

That's fine. Just make sure there are no loopholes for slimy businesspeople to avoid paying up. It always seems the middle class takes it hardest, since they generally don't employ a standing army of lawyers and accountants to help them dodge taxes like the rich folk.
This is why the middle class in is charge. Loopholes will exist, but they will be rooted out. Any problem, such as what you are bringing up, will be encouraged to be investigated and corrected. Your spirit in making society better is exactly what we need. Thank you.

That's just stupid. Private property is private.
Private property is an oxymoron, a misnomer. You did not create the land or the raw materials. No one did. Therefore everyone has a right to use it. If all you do is sit on your material wealth and not reinvest it into the people, then it is dead and has no value. It is this very thinking that creates such the huge divide between the rich and the poor.

Look at the Federal Reserve. We already have that! :-/
It can be improved.

Bad idea, and I can't see it ever happening in this country.
The media is heavily biased to the liberal left. It is only in our best interests that we legislate objectivity.

All these ideas are dated. They've been tried, but not with great success. Probably would have sounded a lot better to somebody living in 19th century.
You are right, these issues were brought up in the middle of the 19th century. Instead of workers though, we look to the middle class. The ideas have been improved upon. Just as you seek to close loopholes, we seek to update and modernize our ideas and move forward in a pragmatic way.

Modern ideas that were created in the mid 19th century are much better than outmoded and outdated ideas that were created during the latter and end stages of the "Enlightenment" of the later 18th century. America had its "Great Experiment" of democracy (another misnomer, democracies aren't of the people, but of the individual, only communism stems from the people). Russia tried and failed at communism. Communism has always been hijacked by the powerful, just as democracy has. But as a base ideology, communism is superior and more lasting than democracy. The Constitution, written in the 18th century, is much older and outdated than the 19th century basis for this argument.

OK. Even better if you dump No Child Left Behind.
Sounds fine. Ideology only points in the right direction. Pragmatism gets you there. Again, thank you for your spirit of progress.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts