Why go with an A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by DougK, Feb 26, 2007.

1. DougK

DougK New Member

I have a S-40 and M-357. Why should I get the M40A1 from CDNN? I am having difficulty closing the deal in my mind.

Thanks
    Doug

2. Angel

Angel Guest

Don't!

Find something better to do with your $300. As good as these guns are, there is nothing that a new M1-40 can offer you. Considering the ones you have already.

Now, if you want to consolidate on a single calibre, then you might want to trade in the M-357 for the M40A1, otherwise I really can't see any other reason.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Unless you really want the light rail or really want to collect more Steyrs, I say save your money as well. Should the price decrease further, then I say snatch one up!

4. steyrile

steyrile Member

I'm having a very difficult time NOT ORDERING a new A1 from CDNN because once these are gone the prices will go waaaay up on the new arrivals from Steyr. $350 plus shipping and ffl fee will bring my cost to just under $385 making it a darn good deal.
    Perusing the listings on gunbroker.com it appears there are many more A1's for sale at the present and the asking prices are dropping. Still, the deal from CDNN is better. Heck, I could buy one from CDNN, replace the hi-cap mags with new 10-rounders, resell the gun as new, unfired and maybe break even. The two hi-cap mags are worth $60. I'd have the pleasure of handling the thing before selling... or end up keeping it. Decisions, decisions...
    I really want an S but nothing is happening on that front. I know, wait til March. Wait til CDNN drops the price on the M-A1's to $300 but they'll probably supply with one mag only when/if that happens.
    Sorry for rambling.
    For someone who's not a gun collector I do seem to have a whole bunch of the things and want more.
    Figuring out what to do right now is harder to pick than a broken nose... :)
    Health, Peace
    steyrile

5. Because you've got a disease dude just like the rest of us...admit it you can't stop thinking about Steyr pistols. :D

We all kind of are enablers in here and you know that. HAHA

6. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

*ell purchase it as an investment or better yet get a HS-50!!!!

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I like the old configuration of the M series myselg (including trigger-mounted safety)

8. Well,

The new Steyr pistols have a better textured grip in my opinion than the older M and S series.

They also have an improved extractor plunger.

If I were you though I would hold out for the new MA1s that are coming to SAI soon. They may have an improved finish and a few tweaks in the design.

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I agree with ministerofdeath, but keep in mind that the new pistols coming won't come with the CDNN price tag, either.

10. DougK

DougK New Member

My originals have the improved extractor plunger, thanks to Jeff at SAI. Your suggestion to wait is what I am doing as the new finish will put me over the top to purchase...

Thanks
    Doug

11. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

A couple of cents worth of skateboard tape fixed the slip grip admirably.