Why don't we have a gallery anymore?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by yugo308guy, Sep 24, 2007.

1. yugo308guy

yugo308guy Member

2. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

Because of security issues. Once I allow people to upload files to my server, I open up a huge can of worms. I don't care to deal with those problems again.

If a member wants to create an "official" gallery on a free image hosting site that we can link to that is fine by me...

-D

3. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

I wanted to recommend an "official' thread just for STEYR photos only... no chit chat, NO other weapons... JUST photo after photo after photo of everyone's Steyr....

and we can all just use free photo hosting like imageshack etc... Heck, the first post could even detail all that for newbies!!!!

Then we ALL have a great place to go look at everyone's Steyr's and droooool.......

Just my 2 cents.........

4. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Thats what they did at M1911.org for the Armscor folks..People my say hey nice pistol or welcome to the club,but we host our own pic's where ever we want. I use photobucket...

5. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

ive used a couple of free photo hosting sites in the past but the business model didnt work out for them and they ended up shutting down. now I am using picasaweb which is also free but has over a gig of storage and uses Picasa for photo organizing and light editing to upload the photos. Its owned by the folks at google so i am hoping it stays around as they have pretty deep pockets. it allows you to upload photos to share with the world at large or even create hidden folders that can be linked but not browsed as part of your public gallery.

http://picasa.google.com/download/