Who wants a new S40-A1?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Wulf, May 2, 2007.

1. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Yo... :)

I need some numbers here, people...and I mean put-your-$-where-your-mouth-is numbers. PM me for further info on this topic because I've been asked to keep this "contained" until further notice by the Chairman. Aside from a few bump-posts, I expect this thread to go nowhere "overtly". And all ya lurkers out there, PM me too! Here's an opportunity for ya to connect with The S-Club and be a part of wassup behind the scenes...and be a real asset to this organization. :shock: That's all I gotta say about that. :roll: PM me or email me at [email protected] . Or, join me online at The #Steyrclub Chatroom (irc.slashnet.net #steyrclub)...I'm ^Wulf. <shrug> Thanx people and hava great week. :)

Wulf <-- likes his box o' chocolates 8)

2. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I think you want this as your email, Wulfi: [email protected]

All in the interest of the "Streyr" pistol, of course.....;)

Bren

oops

Ben :wink:

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

fixed... good looking out thaiboxer

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I don't want a S40-A1.

I do really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really want a S357-A1.

Can I have one? Please, pretty please, with sugar and strawberries on top? :mrgreen:

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Dude, just say you want the S40-A1 and then stick a .357 Sig barrel in it!

6. mrboma

mrboma Member

Pardon?

Wulf,
    Not sure I understand this post. I am currently evaluating the Steyr pistol line and have been overly impressed thus far. So, yes - in closing, I want one.
    Now what?

Mike

7. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!

My money IS where my mouth is, I'm ready to buy one now!

Paul, who's chomping at the bit for a new carry pistol!
    :twisted:

8. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I'm asking seriously, not to pooh-pooh. So I ask, why should I want one?

My Kahr PM40 is my dress slacks pocket gun, and sometimes a cargo shorts pocket gun. Is the SA1-40 similar in size? Can it ride in slacks pockets, or is it a belt gun only?

My M40 is an IWB gun for jeans wear/casual wear and for me it hides well under a shirt. My MA1-40 is an IDPA gun. What can an SA1-40 do for me? Serious question, no attitude.

Thanks,

Ben

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I would not recommend a S40A1 for pocket carry - the trigger is too light to drag one around without a manual safety or holster, IMHO. I wouldn't be comfortable with a normal pocket holster for the application, but YMMV...

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

the s a1 splits the difference between the kahr and the m.

you get 10+1 capacity in a much more accurate weapon than any kahr has proven to be in my experience. you sacrifice a little in terms of light weight and concealability.

it's more concealable and a little lighter than the m series. i like having 23 rounds in two mags (m backup mag)

to have this in a kahr, you'd need two spares.

it's all compromise. if you knew when and what was going to happen, you'd just prepare for exactly that. in most cases you'd really want a shottie or a short rifle.

therefore, any handgun is a compromise, and to me the s40 is the best all around candidate for carry.

my .02.

11. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

"...SA1-40 similar in size? Can it ride in slacks pockets,.."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is that a pistol in your pocket or....................?
    No, I think it is too heavy for pocket carry.

12. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You mean you've never pocket carried your M? :lol: I actually have done this before out to the mailbox - the gun fits in the front pockets of my cargo pants, but just barely. That was before I had a holster, or knew much about firearms for that matter... IIRC, I was afraid to carry one in the chamber on the M9A1 at the time, too :lol:. Oh, how the times have changed... :twisted: :twisted:

13. SELFDEFENSE

With denim or heavy-material cargo pants you might get away with it, although it is distracting to me. But slacks are usually made of lighter material and most any gun will bounce around like cannon shot in your pocket.

14. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

May as well just put a jock strap on over your underwear and carry the gun in that...

15. SELFDEFENSE

:lol:
    Best idea I've heard all day :idea:

16. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I've carried my PM40 in Thunderwear. Didn't especially enjoy it, and a front pocket holster is better for drawing from.

17. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

bumpity bump bump bump....

Hi ya Wulf,

Just wondering if there is any update re S357s from Mr Bauer, our friendly Steyr Sales Mgr.

- valentine's day 2007

https://steyrclub.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=15

18. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Wulf's out on vacation right now, but as far as we know the S40A1 will be the next thing to drop from Steyr. The S357A1 should follow shortly thereafter, but there are no dates set in stone just yet... (are there ever in this industry?)

19. beemerpb

beemerpb New Member

Well , If I had the money-- the S40-A1 is the one i would prefer. But without the money, I don't think my .02 is worth a hoot. My Glock don't fit my hand correctly ( too wide ) My Sig P250C 40
    fits but is a tad long for comfortable sitting. Both guns shoot well ( better than I am able to )
    But I have always dreamed of owning a steyr. Maybe for Christmass ???

20. 73sbVert

73sbVert Member

Holy thread resurrection! From '07!!

Wulf, whatever happened with this plan? Never heard any more about it... :D

Paul