Who makes barrels for M-A1's??

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by EarlyBronco, May 16, 2013.

1. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

I'm debating buying an extended, ported (maybe comp'ed) match barrel for my M9-A1, anyone know who makes/sells them? (I know Steyr offers threaded replacement barrels but I haven't seen what I'm looking for from Steyr)
    I've checked with;
    BarSto (they said "no")
    StormLake (they said "no")
    EFK Firedragon (waiting on call-back)
    Anyone know of a comp that makes barrels for the M-A1's???
    Thanks

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Unfortunately, very few companies are interested in making products for our guns. IGB Austria might be able to work something up for you, but expect that to be an arduous process. The extended barrel should be doable and once you have it, it shouldn't be too hard to find someone to hack it up the way you want it; the compensator would need to be a completely custom thing (we've never seen it done beyond thread-on stuff).

3. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

Thanks tax,
    That was along my line of thinking as well; extended, threaded barrel and thread a comp on would seem to be a simple process. But I suppose a machine shop could port an extended barrel as well...
    Food for thought, I may see what I can come up with...

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

IGB Austria last I knew was only one making aftermarket barrels for steyr pistols
    they also used to have a line of compensators not sure if they still do

5. EarlyBronco

EarlyBronco New Member

Got a call from EFK Firedragon and they said "nope." So looks like ill be experimenting.
    And thanks Mr. A, ill give Steyr a ring and see what the do/do not have, good starting point.

6. kat1950

kat1950 New Member

Every one of those manufactures mentioned are garbage compared to a factory Steyr barrel,maybe BarSto is decent, owned them all for my glocks and 1911s, got rid of them to mall ninjas, you could probably do a blue print for barrel from engineer and see if Steyr would produce, I know from my blueprinted rifles, barrels, bolts, can run some serious dollars, but if you have deep pockets, any thing can be done.

Last edited: May 17, 2013