Who else has M40A1 with IGB 357 sig barrel ?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by nixon, Apr 18, 2007.

1. nixon

nixon Member

Are there anyone else out there who's got an M40a1 with an IGB 357 sig switch barrel to tell us more of your experience ? appreciate any info you can share.
    thanks,
    nixon

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

nixon, we just did a fairly extensive igb barrel post in this section down the list a bit........... 8)

3. nixon

nixon Member

SHOOTER,
    You're right but that was a M357-A1 with an IGB in 40 and that was an excellent review. Also, there was one who posted that his IGB 357 sig barrel did not drop in as expected. Could be one of those that fell in the crack and didn't actually passed through the QC inspection properly and went directly to the inventory ready for shipping.

The above was all I knew. Anything else besides that, i might have missed it.

thanks for the heads up.

4. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Yea, that was my barrel that was not drop-in, but it does perform superbly now that it has been fitted. I hope that was a fluke. But if you want a 357sig barrel at this time you have no options unless SAI decides to loosen up and sell them and so far they seem unwilling to do so....If you have issues with the barrel I would send it back immediately to the IGB rep (forgot his name) and tell him of your dissapointment. I think by now they have fixed the problem......hopefully......otherwise you'll enjoy it........ :lol:

5. nixon

nixon Member

Shooter,
    Glad to hear your issue was resolved. What about that dealer MDW guns who sells IGB barrels ? I still see his website selling IGB barrels in various config. from 40 sw to 357 sig and vice versa etc. for 205 pus shipping. The other member who recently posted his 5" 40 sw switch barrel was bought from MDW.

thanks,
    nixon

6. zombiedefense

zombiedefense Guest

I will be picking up a 357 sig barrel for my M40-A1 in the very near future, either threaded for a suppressor, or cut down to the size of the original .40 barrel.(not sure yet) I'll keep you posted and write a review.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Do they even make subsonic .357SIG? I've never seen any... :? :?:

8. zombiedefense

zombiedefense Guest

Not sure. I'm a total gun noob and just assumed they did.

EDIT: ...and is a suppressor w/o subsonic ammo worthless? I was under the impression that it just made it MORE effective.

9. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

:lol: they're called 9mm's................... :wink:

10. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

nixon, I think that is who I bought it from. He is from Europe, living somewhere in the USA. I think Maine is where it was shipped from... :? 205 sounds like the price.......if it isn't finished well though as the pictures show, i'd question that.........

11. 8472

8472 New Member

mdwguns

The owner of mdwguns name is Marc, and he is very good to deal with. he has his phone number posted on his web site. Every time I called there he has answered. As I said, he is a Great guy give him a call
    http://www.mdwguns.com/start.htm

12. nixon

nixon Member

I'm assuming you too bought a barrel from MDW ? Do you mind telling us in detail your experience with MDW ?

Hey SHOOTER, thanks again for your heads up.

NIXON

13. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Without subsonic ammo, you will still get the crack of the bullet as it goes supersonic. It would sound more or less like an unsuppressed .22 being shot. I'm sure Wulf could make some handloads for ya, if you don't reload yourself. You are better off suppressing the .40 than .357SIG, IMHO. A subsonic .357SIG would offer no advantages to 9mm and you lose magazine capacity.

14. 8472

8472 New Member

Hi Nixon
    I bought a carbine kit for my M9 from marc, but I have not shot it yet
    http://www.impulsegunbarrels.com/online ... saetze.htm
    I got the one with the shroud and the 16 inch barrel, good quality, you just have to remember to put the barrel in before you install the stock or it become a SBR :twisted:

15. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

yea, that's what I meant, why bother? that's why its a 357sig....velocity........better off with a heavy 40cal or the very slow 45acp.....I can see the possibilities of a 180g slow moving 40cal.......smaller gun then a 45........

16. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hi Guys :)

As for a subsonic 357 SIG round...tricky. I imagine that a 180 gr resized 38 cal component bullet could be used for such an application and penetration would be slightly better than the 40 SW or 45 ACP 'cause of the bullet diameter, but simple to reload-wise, get a 45 ACP for that "subsonic application"--with a 230 gr bullet, its nearly there already! :roll: Hava good weekend. :)

Wulf <-- thinkin', " for the 357 SIG, faster is better"....

17. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

That sounds like a standard IPSIC round..... :lol: you can watch it fly downrange............but wear safety glasses cause it may just ricochet back at you at that speed............ :lol: