Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Has anyone had luck purchasing 9mm FMJ(?), or if you can recommend where (or who from)to order?

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hit your local walmarts and buddy up with the sports section folks and find out when shipments will come in and show up bright and early for your 3 boxes. I've had good luck doing that.

Online register at gunbot.net, otherwise right now you can't see 9mm section without being logged in. Mind you register at your own risk...they will likely sell your info or whatnot?

I've had good luck with gunbot also. You have to check it constantly as when the deals pop up they are bought out in mere minutes sometimes.....but you will get lucky, I have band I only check it 1 time a day or so.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You have to go when they open at stores like BassPro, etc.

Go there and talk to the people there and ask them when they have the shipment.

Even when you go early, if they don't get any shipment of 9mm, you will not get it.
I went this past week, they did not have any 9mm, 380, 40sw or 45acp.
Ammo is ration by the government at this point, they control how much and when to release.
So much about freedom!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Walmarts here all put stock out at 7am....as for government rationing ammo to retailers, I think not.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Actually...that rumor has been around for years, and is simply not true. I have several close friends who are employed by Remington and it is frankly an overwhelming demand causing these issues. They are not expanding production as they know it is only a temporary thing. Now that being sid they are running all the machines they have full speed and paying good overtime for it. That in conjunction with raw material costs going up we are seeing a legit increase in costs, but not to the level we are seeing at some retailers.

Here is a link from the NFA about George Soros

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/03/its-george-soros-fault-we-have-so-little-ammo-not/

Steve

·
Registered
513 Posts
So do you think we will ever see "blinking" 9mm for $10.00 box of 50 ever again?
"Blinking", that's a term I am not familiar with? Ya using it in place of a cuss word? If so I get it. If not I don't?

I sure hope so...I can't afford to shoot for a buck + a round. I thought the 2008 run on ammo was bad, this is much worse. Glad I have ben stockpiling for awhile at "normal" prices.....but now I don't want to shoot any cause I can't afford to replace it. This whole thing is a goat rope.

·
Registered
44 Posts
HAHAHA! Sorry about that. I am an American working in an office full of Brits...thus the lingo has rubbed off. funny how little terms get mixed in there like Car Park, Blinking, etc.

I actually ordered some dies to reload 9mm recently because before it wasn't worth it from a money standpoint. Now it is very different!

Cheers'

Steve

·
Registered
142 Posts
$10 9mm ammo? those days are over for now, I have seen some for $13 or so but it goes real quickly

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Bass Pro has been getting a regular shipment at least once a week. I call at 9am and if they have a shipment I head up there. This week they were limiting to 1 box per caliber, but it was nice to get something. I got a box of 100 9mm from Remington and a 525round box of Federal 22lr(very happy to find this). The prices have been very reasonable too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Bass Pro has been getting a regular shipment at least once a week. I call at 9am and if they have a shipment I head up there. This week they were limiting to 1 box per caliber, but it was nice to get something. I got a box of 100 9mm from Remington and a 525round box of Federal 22lr(very happy to find this). The prices have been very reasonable too.
You have to be there at 9 in the morning.

I got a few.

Cabela's run online ordering a few times a week at different times.
You just have to catch them at the right time.
Shipping is rather steep so store pick up may be the best deal if you have one nearby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts