Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
They are hard to find since they didn’t make the transition to the A2 series. There is one that is used and cerakoted on gun broker with 15 hrs left at 200 bid. That said they were hard to come buy when they were being brought in. Had to special order mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are hard to find since they didn’t make the transition to the A2 series. There is one that is used and cerakoted on gun broker with 15 hrs left at 200 bid. That said they were hard to come buy when they were being brought in. Had to special order mine.
I saw that one but I'm not a fan of the finish. I should have bought the S9 when I bought my M9-A1 for $430 in 2017. The seller had the S9 for the same price.

I guess I'll just keep checking gunbroker.

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
I will keep my eyes out for one, you never know. I’ve seen some S9 mags pop up recently. The c9a2 is pretty close with the only difference in the grip. Same thickness, same same length, but 17 rounds and the new A2 features.
Handgun holster Camera accessory Gun accessory Auto part Tints and shades

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like the L9 is similar in size to the Glock 17 and the M9 is about the same size as the Glock 19 but with a slightly longer grip. Is the S9 slightly larger than the Glock 26 but smaller than the 19? Is the capacity of the S9 10 rounds? It seems like the mags have a lot of extra plastic at the bottom so I wonder why they couldn't squeeze in an extra round or two.

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
Pretty much L9 and 17.
M9 and 19X
S9 is 10 but can take any Steyr mags, issue is it was developed during the ban and they never fixed the 10 round issue after the ban. It should easily be a 12 rounder. Now that it didn’t make the cut to the A2 I don’t think we will see it come back either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty much L9 and 17.
M9 and 19X
S9 is 10 but can take any Steyr mags, issue is it was developed during the ban and they never fixed the 10 round issue after the ban. It should easily be a 12 rounder. Now that it didn’t make the cut to the A2 I don’t think we will see it come back either.
So you think the S9 is pretty much dead at this point? I want one for a carry gun but it does seem crazy to carry it with only 10rnd when the G26 is smaller and holds the same amount. And now we have those micro guns like the P365.

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts
I think the S9A1 is not up to speed with the competitors. It’s a good option if you want to keep your Steyr sights and ergos constant but it’s very close to size with a c9A2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts