where do i find detailed instructions on extractor fix?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by 13thlevel, Apr 2, 2007.

1. 13thlevel

13thlevel Guest

I need to know how to do this extractor fix. I havn't even fired my s-40 yet but reading all the posts about fte, I want it fixed before I realise it's broke.

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya 13th* :)

IMHO, you're jumpin' the gun, Bro. :shock: Best and most common case scenario is you won't need to do a thing but shoot quality ammo and keep 'er relatively clean. <shrug> Right outta the box, your new M-A1 will perform great, accurate and reliable. And, if you've got another pistol of comparable weight and barrel length, you'll appreciate the lesser recoil given the lower bore axis. Give 'er a chance, Bro. :) The tolerances will seek equilibrium as the mating surfaces work themselves a bit and your pistol will continue to improve. Mine did as most others did and do. Shoot the piss outta it and enjoy your new Steyr. That's what they're made for. 8)

Wulf

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I agree with Wulf - don't fix it if it isn't broken.

4. hud

hud New Member

I have an s-40 and have put ca. 1500 rnds through it and have not had a single fte. none. zero. zilch. shoot it! I have had a very few failure to feed with crappy "American" ammo, and a few failure to return to battery from running it too dry, but thats it. good luck, and good shootin'! :D