Where are all the S series holsters?

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Droptop, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Droptop

Droptop New Member

I've done a little searching, and it appears that most of the holsters that members have posted links to or have posted pictures of are fit for an M-series gun. Wouldn't the S-series make for a better CCW piece? I have an S9 (non A1) and I'm trying to find an IWB holster. Where is all the S love?

2. hihoslva

hihoslva Guest

Any holster fit for an M will also fit the S.

I understand your desire for a "dedicated" S holster, however it's really not necessary. Any M holster will just leave about 1/2" dead space at the muzzle end when used with an S.

I've got a CompTac CTAC made for an M, and it fits the S just as well.

And just FYI - all calibers are identical, too. So any M-series holster will fit ALL the M and S pistols.

Same is true for the new A1's - though the "old" and "new" pistols cannot share holsters.

So there ya' go. :D

3. LHD

LHD New Member

Bummer! Are you saying that my M357-A1, that I'll be receiving this Friday, will NOT fit a holster that is designed for the older "M" Series pistols? Damn...just when I found a deal on a holster for an M series.

4. hihoslva

hihoslva Guest

Correct. You'll need an A1-specific holster.

5. fishinmagician

fishinmagician Guest

For all you newer Steyr folks like myself, be careful, not all M/S series holsters fit all M/S series pistols. I know this because I just received two of them this week, one Grandfather Oak, and a Fobus made for an older style M series, without the accessory rail. So, apparently I'll need to obtain a M9-A1 holster and hope it fits...(sigh)

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Deal from DeSantis on holster and double-mag pouch

LHD
    From SteyrGB
    You're gonna love that M357-A1 and you can't beat a deal like the above on the DeSantis combo. Holster alone is $62.50. Depending on the local Davidson dealer, you can get holster and double mag pouch for $50 to $60.

Special ends on Tuesday, so get 'em while you can.

7. Deluxe247

Deluxe247 Supporting Member

You can always contact K&D if you want custom leather. Kevin makes great holsters and has the mold for the A1's (M Series.)

http://www.kdholsters.com

-D