What's your opinion?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by steveinaz, Oct 28, 2005.

1. steveinaz

steveinaz New Member

Do you think "internet guns" are inferior? What I mean to say is, the guns that dealers choose to sell via the web versus in-store.

Here's why I ask: All of my guns have been purchased "over-the-counter" and I've had the ability to choose which one I wanted, rather than getting whatever it is they shipped. Anyone who has bought guns for long knows that there can be some differences in tolerances, appearance, machining, etc when looking at them in person---for instance---I passed up 2 other M40's when looking at mine. Why? both had very rough looking extractors compared to the one I bought.

As an aside, RUGER's are famous for this in my experience. The fit & finish can vary wildly gun to gun. Note: I love Rugers, no bash intended.

I wonder if we see so many problems these days because guns that most consumers would pass on, end up selling on the net, where careful inspection is impossible.

I've owned 3 Steyr "M" pistols, all of them over-the-counter, all of them ran flawlessly.

What do you think?

2. Ripped

Ripped New Member

I would steer clear of purchasing a USED or Demo firearm via the net Unless given the opportunity to see and handle it in person prior to sale/purchase.
    One of our vendors "ONPOINTFIREARMS" has a Large assortment of firearms for sale. everything they sell is NIB. specially ordered from the source.I would highly recommend them if wishing to order a Firearm via the net. As they stand behind all orders 100%. And even Cheper than CDNN on alot of items.
    Good people from right across the bay from me.. Tampa Bay that is... "GO BUCS".

http://www.onpointfirearms.com

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

I've sold a lot of guns on the net, mostly through classifieds on sites similar to this one.

I'm a small dealer and I price my guns right. The gun I list is the one I ship. Most times I only have a few peices for sale and I have only one per model.

A lot of dealers are probably the same way. I can order through a wholesale source as well as any other dealer. Is it better to purchase after you examine it? of course. Can you save money on the net ? of course. Take your pick.

4. Ripped

Ripped New Member

i feel ya Madcov... i mean if someone is selling a firearm i really would like to purchase, and ive heard good things about past transactions and such. id prolly go for it.. Im just not much of the Have to go through an ffl guy. Although i do understand the purposes of going through an ffl.

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Just like anything else, there is a market for anything. There is a way to purchase that will fit your need and style.
    Gunstore/Gunshow/internet/classifieds or auction site. The buyer needs to decide if the deal fits his/her needs.