Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone sipping whiskey after Thanksgiving dinner? Perhaps before dinner?
You like Bourbon, Canadian blend, Irish stuff, single malt, whatever... feel free to have one in The Pub.

I rediscovered the enjoyment of rye whiskey the other week. I love Whistle Pig, for special occasions. In general, Dickel No 12 and Wild Turkey 101 are my favorite ones and easier on the wallet than WhistlePig.

What are you going to enjoy?

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Reactions: Steyr Wolfe

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Been thinking about it but hav not gotten past red wine

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ive been on a rum kick lately. I found this cheap rum they sell at Smith's, Black Bell, its got a cool looking bottle. From trying to determine the origin its made as a store brand for Smith's. Its surprisingly smooth, sweet, with a bold flavor thats comparable with higher price rums like Goslings Black seal or Krackin. I recommend picking up a bottle if you come across it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Laphroaig ...o_O...as much smoke as one can possibly pack in a drink. I tried the 10 year aged version. This Islay single malt is over the top. Kinda interesting but...
Y'all have been warned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Laphroaig ...o_O...as much smoke as one can possibly pack in a drink. I tried the 10 year aged version. This Islay single malt is over the top. Kinda interesting but...
Y'all have been warned.
Islay is the holy land of whisky. Talisker 10.
If you're a beer drinker, check out Rauchbier from Bamberg, Germany. The Ur-Bock, specifically. Smoky malty goodness.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts