What to look for in a gunbelt...

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by DoubleTap, Sep 21, 2007.

1. DoubleTap

DoubleTap New Member

I've seen a couple of you guys swear that a belt is the most important part of any waistband/hip holster, and i'm curious what kind to look for. I'm aiming for CCW with a IWB holster.

This is my belt currently...don't ask, heh. http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/climbing gear main/soe_gear_cobra_belt.htm
    And i'm waiting on an IWB from FIST, so i'm not sure how they'll work yet. Mostly wondering if i'll need a new belt, and if so, what to look for..

2. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I'm wearing this right now..

[​IMG]

But for dressier occasions I wear an Aker B21 in either black or tan.

All of them were ~30 bucks or so.

http://www.copquest.com/24-0500.htm

If you order an Aker, add 4 inches to your usual waist or so, they run small.

[​IMG]

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You should look for the words "Rafter S Gunleather" imprinted on the inside :) . They make an EXCELLENT belt and their prices are actually lower than most of the competition. I have the 1.5" sharkskin and I couldn't be happier. VERY sharp looking belt, and makes a world of difference when carrying.

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Go to your nearest Western wear store, flog your way through the Urban Cowboys and find the belts. Pick out a black one and brown one that will fit in your regular pants belt loops and are thick enough to hold up your pistol.

Works for me. :mrgreen:

5. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

This guy is the BEST :p
    But really his buckle is so simple and sweet works like a charm. The one I had made is 1 3/4 X 3/8 It is almost a 1/2 in thick!!
    It does not bend stretch or give in any way.

The turn around time is hard to beat less than a week for mine!!

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=27814

And in case you missed it ..............

http://www.circlemsaddlery.com/

6. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Wow......Tadgear $60.00....... :shock: for that price I'll go for a good piece of leather. Something I've come to appreciate lately is a good leather belt will last almost a lifetime...........I bought my first good custom gunbelt last year and paid about 60bucks (shark)...I bought my girlfriend a gunbelt for about 40bucks.......Within a short time hers was showing the raw leather marks from poor workmanship while mine hasn't shown narry a mark of wear............Now I'm going to buy all my belts that way, even the daily work kind one inch for dress slacks.......Tadgear would be cool for those camos.......... 8)

7. madecov

madecov Active Member

[​IMG]

All over the net he's got a stellar reputation.

8. DoubleTap

DoubleTap New Member

hehe, my belt is actually for just carrying all the junk i usually carry, plus being able to rappel/belay on the fly. Not sure when i'd ever NEED to do that, but hey, if it happens, i'll be ready. Was just wonderin if i needed a stiffer belt for carrying.

And as a side note, tadgear's force 10 cargo pants are AMAZING. they seriously have everything i've ever wanted in pants, and some things i didn't know i did. Like the reinforced pocket corner for carrying things with clips...i can't count how many pairs of jeans i can't even clip something to anymore, after clipping a pocket knife in the right pocket, flashlight in the left.

9. silver x0ne

silver x0ne New Member

I'll agree with syntax here... I've seen his and we saw them at the gunshow this weekend. Definitely worth the price. I will be buying one when I actually have some cash. :)

10. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

i didn't know that i was among such belt connosieurs. i thought i was rocking pretty hard with my galco COP belt.

11. heavymetalmachine

I do feel that a good belt is as important as the holster. Types of belt may very for inside or out.

I have found that IWB holsters such as my MacDaniel II with a full size 1911 do not require a heavy stiff belt.

On the other hand my H.B.E. pancake on the same belt will flop around as if on a string.

Now here is a BELTSTER.. I will try on someday...

http://www.banderagunleather.com/

12. circlem

circlem Guest

Aker belt :This belt just the copy of ours is orginal .
    Belt is flat won't work see ours
    www.circlemsaddlery.com thank you and since we come up with this belt galco and others copy so buy the orignal if belt dont work yous is free we refund your money

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  13. circlem

circlem Guest

one word about beltser this belt just an other flat belt will wash off from your waist the idea is keep your pants so you wont be puling up it all times
    we can make this belt why we dont it will carry your gun but it will not keep you pants in place . ours does both www.circlemsaddlery.com

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  14. heavymetalmachine

WELCOME Circlem!!!!!!!!!

I thought I lost you my link stopped working..

How is the "CONCEAL CARRY DRESS BELT" working out for you???

I still love mine.. I do use a lot of Kydex and it has rubbed some of the finish off. Because I could not find your site I just sent it off for a refinish.

The man I sent it off to was amazed of the quality.

"that thing is awesome! wow! very well built... that thing will last darn near forever." I believe is how he put it..

Any glad to see you still hard at work....

15. circlem

circlem Guest

okay no more postig fuge it

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008