Steyr Club Forums banner

What optics & lights are you running on your AUG?

16K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  danbrew 
#1 ·
While I prefer the standard 1.5x and doughnut, but I'm setting up another AUG that I recently stole....er....bought without an optic or rail and am thinking of trying something different.
Maybe an Eotech or MRDS.

So what optics, rails, and lights are you using?

See less See more
#4 ·
My set up uses the Midwest Industries extended rail. I have a Leupold VX-R 1.25-4 x 24 scope with the basic duplex reticle. Zero is such that I can “point and click” for POI within 5” up or down of POA all the way out to 350.

I have an Olight M2r flashlight mounted on a Magpul cantilever Mount at the 1 o’clock, with a tape switch at 12 o’clock, and a modified AFG 2 mounted to the barrel with an RS Regulate BM-2.

I’m looking for a way to mount a 2-3 slot pic rail in place of the stock foregrip, to facilitate mounting a bipod. I’ll get pics up at some point over the next couple of days.

#15 ·
Sabre A3 wears a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 red mil in an MI QD mount. I have a 2020 TR32 top rail and TR1 bottom rail. Typically an Olight PL or TLR1HL if I run a tape switch. Sometimes I put on an MRO in Scalarworks LEAP mount.
My M1 3X wears an RMR at 12 o’clock. Same light set up but this time on the receivers side rail until I get another TR1. Just want to see how well the mud matches with Magpul FDE

#16 ·
Currently running an EoTech XPS3-0 with G33 magnifier only because I enjoy using the rail space for light and IR/laser. Although part of me wants to figure out a different way to use the Steyr 3X scope without sacrificing too much rail space. Unfortunately I think it's one or the other for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.