Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I prefer the standard 1.5x and doughnut, but I'm setting up another AUG that I recently stole....er....bought without an optic or rail and am thinking of trying something different.
Maybe an Eotech or MRDS.

So what optics, rails, and lights are you using?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My set up uses the Midwest Industries extended rail. I have a Leupold VX-R 1.25-4 x 24 scope with the basic duplex reticle. Zero is such that I can “point and click” for POI within 5” up or down of POA all the way out to 350.

I have an Olight M2r flashlight mounted on a Magpul cantilever Mount at the 1 o’clock, with a tape switch at 12 o’clock, and a modified AFG 2 mounted to the barrel with an RS Regulate BM-2.

I’m looking for a way to mount a 2-3 slot pic rail in place of the stock foregrip, to facilitate mounting a bipod. I’ll get pics up at some point over the next couple of days.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an ACOG on mine, and will shortly install an offset RMR. No light yet, but I'm planning on an Elzetta light and Pup mount.

STGirl,

Nice pic, BTW. Just out of curiosity, how tall are you? Do you have any issues with the LOP?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great question!

I am going the red dot route with a separate magnifier — Trijicon MRO HD with 3X Maginfier

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sabre A3 wears a Trijicon Accupower 1-8 red mil in an MI QD mount. I have a 2020 TR32 top rail and TR1 bottom rail. Typically an Olight PL or TLR1HL if I run a tape switch. Sometimes I put on an MRO in Scalarworks LEAP mount.
My M1 3X wears an RMR at 12 o’clock. Same light set up but this time on the receivers side rail until I get another TR1. Just want to see how well the mud matches with Magpul FDE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts