Steyr Club Forums banner

What optic are you using on your A3?

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  BoneDoc45 
#1 ·
Guys,

If you have an A3 or similar, what optic are you running? Are you happy with it?

Bittrich

#4 ·
I am running an Aimpoint M4S which I really love. Battery life is crazy long, like eight years when left on. It's bomb proof too. I don't like the mount it came with, knob is ginormous and only works with the M4S on the left hand side. Gonna pick up a Larue 659 mount.

Bittrich

#5 ·
Trijicon Accupoint TR24G (1-4X with green triangle reticle) in a Larue LT104 mount.

It is almost as easy as using a red dot when set at 1x, and is a lot easier to use at distance. I have astigmatisms that have just about ended my red dot days, but this reticle remains sharp and clear to me.

The unusual reticle takes some experimenting to get a functional paper target for ammo testing, but its easy to use on steel or ipsc type targets.

#7 ·
I'm using the Meprolight M21 (Israeli made) & it works very well. I like the fact that there are no batteries or electrical circuits to fail when I need the sight. My only complaints are a noticeable amount of washout on very light backgrounds when indoors & the tritium is providing the reticle view. This is never an issue outdoors when the fiber optics are gathering light for the reticle view. The other issue is a slight reflection in the eye side lens in very bright conditions, easily fixed with non reflective tape in the right spot. The sight is very well built and was the standard issue of the IDF for many years. Overall, not a bad sight to look into among the Aimpoint, Trijicon, & EO Tech offerings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.