Steyr Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts
Answer from Friedrich Aigner

Heres part of the mail that was forwarded to me from Martin Fehringer (the sales guy), originally sent from Friedrich Aigner (does this ring a bell? :joker:).

das gezeigte Gewehr ist sicherlich nicht von STEYR gebaut worden. Der Schaft und das Gehäuse weichen zu stark ab. Wenn es sich um ein Einzelstück handelt, dann ist es von einem richtigen STEYR Fan gebaut worden. Das Magazin dürfte von uns sein. Wahrscheinlich befinden sich im Inneren Original-Ersatzteile.
My translation:
the shown rifle was definitely not built by STEYR. The Stock and case differ to much. If it is a uniqe, then it was built by a real STEYR Fan. The magazine should be ours. Probably there are genuine spare parts inside.

Hi Guys :)

'Doubt itsa Steyr AUG prototype. No markings 'cept the SN, and Martin has that info. <shrug> And, if Steyr knew of a prototype out there, they'd show more interest...for posterity. <shrug> I'm still goin' w/ a Chinese knockoff. But this ain't over yet. ;)

Wulf <-- tends to listen to the "company man's" assessment 'til proven wrong :thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #30 ·

'Doubt itsa Steyr AUG prototype. No markings 'cept the SN, and Martin has that info. <shrug> And, if Steyr knew of a prototype out there, they'd show more interest...for posterity. <shrug> I'm still goin' w/ a Chinese knockoff. But this ain't over yet. ;)

Wulf <-- tends to listen to the "company man's" assessment 'til proven wrong :thumbsup:
yahhh for sure it's ain't over yet until somebody gives us an straight forward answer who & where this particular model came from.
all we got here are all purely speculation...tnx guys for giving some efforts in unlucking the secret of this particular AUG, i hope one of this day we'll finally find an answer.:salute:

The info from Martin came directly from Friedrich Aigner. Whom to believe if not an engineer from Steyr? Ok, if someone gets Horst Wesp, Karl Wagner or Karl Möser (the aug desigers) on the phone, i would believe them more.

Treat the rifle as a (maybe good) copy of the aug. Don't give more money than you would give for that.

Sorry for your 'loss', bro.

I can't believe its taking so long to ID this firearm! My best guess would be "Norinco". I found one reference to it.

But, I can't find any reference to the SN or the cost. There should b an "oval w/ a #" just in front of the SN on the receiver, but there's been no reference to this kind of mark. *sigh* Oh well....

And, I know that Norinco makes M4 Clones, in fact, they make clones for nearly every popular sidearm an' small arms weapons platform, including AK, as most of you are well aware.

I'm still lookin'. <shrug>

Wulf <-- gettin' a lit'l frustrated :(

Discussion starter · #33 · (Edited)

I can't believe its taking so long to ID this firearm! My best guess would be "Norinco". I found one reference to it.

But, I can't find any reference to the SN or the cost. There should b an "oval w/ a #" just in front of the SN on the receiver, but there's been no reference to this kind of mark. *sigh* Oh well....

And, I know that Norinco makes M4 Clones, in fact, they make clones for nearly every popular sidearm an' small arms weapons platform, including AK, as most of you are well aware.

I'm still lookin'. <shrug>

Wulf <-- gettin' a lit'l frustrated :(
give a 'lil patience sir Wulf we might solved the puzzle anytime soon...:thumbsup:

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.