Steyr Club Forums banner

What kind of aug variant is this?

26K views 68 replies 17 participants last post by  Talyn 
#1 · (Edited)
please kindly help me identify what AUG variant is this, my friend is selling me this AUG rifle but i can't decide coz there's no markings except for the serial no. in the carry handle.
the rifle looks odd, the trigger guard is small like an ordinary gun,it has a front & rear sight like an AR, the safety has selector for full & semi or what they call "automatic lock out or ALO", the butt looks different, the cocking lever is foldable, the forward grip has a different shape & it has a carry handle.
but the internals & function looks exactly the original Steyr AUG, the barrel, the trigger group, the bolt, the receiver...etc..
i've been searching the net but cant find anything like it, thanks for any input that may shed light if what really AUG variant is this!

See less See more
#2 ·
that is an odd looking lookalike. Almost a proto-type, or early military version? but if it doesn't say Steyr on it i would think its some other country knock-off, like China...........how much does he want? Or would it be better just saving to get a new one.....??

#6 ·
There is an American company that makes lookalikes called Microtech Small Arms Research

http://www.msarinc.com/home.html

But the gun you have probably doesn't come from these guys.
yahh, i've already seen their website it's not their product, i've been searching the web for 2-3 weeks now hoping to find who made this particular variant, i'm just really curious, thanks for the inputs guys! may we discover the origin of this mysterious AUG.:salute:

#15 ·
Try posting these pics in the bullpup rifle section of ar15.com (under Armory) or at usaaug.com.

I've never seen that particular gun but it is reminiscent of AUG prototypes that I have seen.

You might also try contacting Pete Athens of http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/. If anyone knows what this is, he will.

If it is an AUG prototype, it might be worth much more than 2.5k to the right person.

Good luck!

#16 ·
Try posting these pics in the bullpup rifle section of ar15.com (under Armory) or at usaaug.com.

I've never seen that particular gun but it is reminiscent of AUG prototypes that I have seen.

You might also try contacting Pete Athens of http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/. If anyone knows what this is, he will.

If it is an AUG prototype, it might be worth much more than 2.5k to the right person.

Good luck!
tnx so much bro!

#17 · (Edited)
Hiya hd* :)

So far, the only thing the local Sheriff's dept has come up w/ for the serial # ya PM'd me is a "stolen Remington 700 w/ a scope outta the Colorado Springs, CO area". I sent 'em the pic's ya posted so they could further investigate. I have no idea what the clone's current market value is. <shrug> Still looks lika Chinese knockoff ta me, tho.

I'll keep ya in the loop.

Wulf

#18 ·
Hiya hd* :)

So far, the only thing the local Sheriff's dept has come up w/ for the serial # ya PM'd me is a "stolen Remington 700 w/ a scope outta the Colorado Springs, CO area". I sent 'em the pic's ya posted so they could further investigate. I have no idea what the clone's current market value is. <shrug> Still looks lika Chinese knockoff ta me, tho.

I'll keep ya in the loop.

Wulf
tnx for the effort bro, very much appreciated!:salute:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.