What is your CCW setup?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SELFDEFENSE, Dec 25, 2006.

1. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Mine is a M9 loaded with 10+1 Winchester Ranger T 147 gr. 9mm JHPs, curently sitting in a High Noon Hidden Ally tuckable carried at 2:00 - 2:30.
    On the left side I have a Mika adjustable mag pouch at 10:00 with another 10 RA9Ts, a Surefire 6Z light in a holster at 9:00, and sometimes a Fox 5.3 pepper spray in a holster at 8:00.

2. theFiasco

theFiasco Guest

How to you all deal with getting in and out of a car with CCW?

My rig: S9, 10 + 1, Blue Line Leather paddle holster at 4 o'clock.

Wearing the S9 at 4 o'clock is my best trade-off for accessability and concealment. The position is OK for sitting in most chairs BUT not good for a car front seat. Either I have to slide the holster around more to the front when getting in my car or I've got to remove it entirely.

Thanks,

-tF

3. soapyballs

soapyballs Member

I use my S9 for daytime CCW and my M40 with night sights for night time. I use an IWB HBE holster @ the 4 o'clock position for both.

4. Seven

Seven Premium Member

Much like Fiasco...

...I'm using a Blue Line Paddle holster for my S9. But I have added an extra screw hole to allow my paddle to be set up for Cross-draw. Easy to do, and gives me the flexibility to carry on either side.

X-draw works very well for concealment, and allows for easy access when sitting and driving.

Carry an extra pouch mag at about 4 o'clock. About 50% of the time have a Rohrbaugh R9 in a pocket holster, right front pocket. (Actually, it's about 75% for each of the two pistols, overlapping). One way or the other, if I'm awake, I'm packing.

124 +P Gold Dots in the S9, 115 GDs in the R9 (which won't take +P ammo).

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Steyr M9A1 with 15+1 of Winchester Ranger 127gr. +P+ packed in a Blade-Tech UCH.

I usually also carry a Boker BO051 and a Surefire G2, all strapped to a Rafter S Gunleather sharkskin 1.5" belt.

[​IMG]

Probably going to add a Leatherman Charge Ti multitool and an extra mag to the setup, but I'm really starting to feel like Batman carrying all of it. :oops: Doing my best not to be too tacticool with my rig.

6. SELFDEFENSE

"How to you all deal with getting in and out of a car with CCW?"
    When I was carrying Glocks, the 17L was strong side and the 19 was weak side cross-draw; so the 19 was primary when seated in a car.
    Guess that means I need an S9. :idea:
    There are some holster makers that have seated and belted configuration holsters specifically for driving.

7. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

I carry an M40 at 3:00 in a Crossbreed IWB, or a 5" 1911 in a SideArmor IWB, also at 3:00. I just bought a Kahr PM40 with a pocket holster and a CompTac ShirtTucker holster that I haven't carried until I can shoot it some.

The 3:00 IWB conceals well for me, but takes up a lot of pant space! Makes me conscious of what I'm eating and keeps me running, which is a good thing. Everytime I try an IWB at 4:00, it drives me nuts in the car, and if I'm out with my kids I end up bending forward a lot and the handle prints.

The other day my little boy was goofing around and tried to bang me in the side while we were in a restaraunt. His hand hit metal, and then he got curious and started to pull up my sweater to see what he hit. Of course, I had my arms full of my crying toddler daughter and kid stuff, with lots of eyes on us. So it was this sidling hop while hissing at my son to go tell Mom we were ready to leave, NOW Darn it.

I never carry extra mags, flashlights, fighting knives, pepper spray, GPS, German Shepherd or zip ties. I do have an ASP 21" baton, a Leatherman, some handtools, jumper cables and some duct tape in the car, though. And a pocket kite to keep the kids happy.

Ben

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Steyr M40A1 with 180gr Gold Dots, nights, in an AKJ Concealco Readyline IWB, Nuwai Q3 3W LED light, AK74 automatic folder, and P3AT with 102gr Golden Saber in Wild Bills pocket holster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. HIBACHI

HIBACHI Guest

M9 at 4 o'clock with grip reversed in an Uncle Mike's left-handed neoprene holster with added buckle down off of my old .38 ankle rig. Having the gun reversed slows the draw down a little, but it hides a lot better that way, especially when you're bending at the waist in public. Also can feel the bottom of the grip with the inside of my forearm- I'm the first person to know if I'm showin'. I used to carry a sig p230 cross draw on my belly, but have seen too many scuffles that resulted in peoples shirts getting pulled around in a way that would expose a belly gun.

10. SELFDEFENSE

"I never carry extra mags, flashlights, fighting knives, pepper spray, GPS, German Shepherd or zip ties. I do have an ASP 21" baton,.."
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I carry a 13 year-old Collie :) .
    I wish an ASP was legal in my jurisdiction.

11. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

S40 loaded 10+1 with Corbon 150gr JHPs with spare mag in front left pocket (10 more Corbons).

Holster is a leather pancake holster I modified with spring clips for IWB carry.

click here for a pic

For the pocket carry of the spare mag, most of my pants have safety pins pinning up the pocket so that the mag rides vertically (I should just break down and sew all of them up).

I plan on replacing the ammo I've got with the Corbon DPXs sometime in the future.

I've also got a CRKT M16-12Z clipped in the front right pocket

12. fryeg7

fryeg7 Guest

not a steyr, but . . .

i carry a 9mm CZ75 P-01 in a CTAC IWB holster at 3:00 or slightly further back on my strong side. i also carry a fullsize CZ75 in the same rig on occasion, but most of the time, it's the P-01. it's lighter and more compact , which makes for a more comfortable carry. sometimes it is nice to feel the weight of an all-steel pistol on your hip.

i'm bad about carrying an extra magazine. i try to, but it doesn' always happen. i need to get a carrier that slips on instead of threading one through my belt. i also like my holsters to go on and off without undoing my belt.

i want to have an extra mag not so much for the extra rounds (but it is a very worthwhile bonus), but for the spare magazine itself. let's say you get into a struggle and fall/get knocked down and your pistol's butt (either in your holster or in your hand) smacks the ground and your magazine decides to fail and vomit your expensive, high-tech carry rounds all over the ground. you now have a single shot pistol and a poor club . . . .

you could also have the mag itself 'jam'. i've seen rounds get wedged in between feed lips, and rounds all jumbled up inside the mag body, completely binding things up. either way, without some work, your pistols is going to go bang just one more time, if you have a round in the chamber.

shit happens, plan accordingly. murphy would agree :lol: .

now i need to go find a new mag carrier or two . . . . :D

frye

13. SELFDEFENSE

Carry a cross-draw BUG. They come with the spare mag already installed 8)

14. NicoX

NicoX New Member

my S9-A1 with 10+1 , 124 grs remington, and the first shoot something customized :)
    IWB leather at 4:00 (waiting for Rich quick IWB)

Knife and a 10 round mag in the car.

When I go out for walking with my 3 months baby, M9-A1 15+1 in the same conditions.

when I work, I use my S9-A1 with OWB because I use suit, and when I stay at the office I take it out

15. ThaiBoxer

ThaiBoxer Active Member

Amen. I carry a J-frame in the weakhand pocket instead of a spare mag.