What is a normal trigger weight on a new MM9A1?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by kraigster414, Nov 16, 2007.

1. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

I have yet to live fire my new M9A1 (hope to do so this weekend) but after considerable dry firing and light lubrication of critical trigger components, I am getting (using my Lyman digital trigger gauge, gun secured in vice) a break between 5.5 and 6 pounds on average. It feels heavier than that to me only because (I think) my other semi autos typically break at around 4 pounds (I have a Lone Wolf 3.5 connector in my Glock which gives me a 4.25 pound break in my G23), my 1911s break at between 3.5 and 4 pounds, and my XD45 compact had an after-market 4 lb. carry trigger job done. The M9A1 break is crisp and I imagine it will get even smoother in time. Is my situation normal? I have heard of owners having much heavier trigger pulls than mine so I guess I should be satisfied. I just like to hear thoughts from others. Thanks.

2. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

When I first got mine I hung a gallon and a half of water off the trigger . 12 14 pounds. Now after all the work I have done it's more like 6 pounds. Still it will never be like the 3.5 to 4 pounds on my 1911.

I am happy with it now. Good weight for a carry gun..

3. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member