What do you guys think about the CZ 100 B ?

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by daddySEAL, May 8, 2007.

1. daddySEAL

daddySEAL New Member

I've got room in my gun safe for one more 40 cal. toy.

I've been thinking about the CZ 100 B.
    http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=44

Has anyone had one and know if they are really good or not?

I'd appreciate everyone's opinions, please?

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *Seal :)

Hey, get one and let us know. Have ya put one in ur hand and pulled the trigger on a live round yet? That counts for somethin', IMHO. Let us know. :)

Wulf <-- would already be lookin' atta 357 SIG conversion bbl for it

3. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I've looked seriously at the CZ100 as well. The price looks good. What is the function of that lever in the square window on the upper grip? It looks awkward.

The one CZ that I'm more likely to add is the CZ75 SP-01.

I think that the new Walther PPS will be calling to me first but a used CZ100 at the right price could sneak in.

BTW, here is a comment from THR about the 100 that seems pretty representative:

I actually like mine quite a bit, and use it as my CCW piece.

The DAO trigger definitely takes some getting used to. The pull is long and hard--there's no getting round that--but there are certain tweaks that can be done to the trigger mechanism (as outlined on CZForum.com) to smoothen the pull and make it tolerable.

Mine's the 40S&W version, and shooting it with the weak factory recoil spring was an exercise in masochism as the vicious recoil would numb the palm of my shooting hand within a couple of magazines. Then a gentleman at CZForum.com discovered that the aftermarket recoil springs by Wolff intended for the Glock 19 were a drop-in fit for the CZ 100. Installing a 24 lb. Wolff Glock 19 recoil spring in my CZ 100 completely changed the nature of the felt recoil and actually made the gun a pleasure to shoot.

The 40S&W version also features compensator ports which do a marvelous job of limiting muzzle climb. The recoil pulse is essentially straight back.

But the biggest surprise for me was its accuracy. Securely benchrested and slow-fired using my 155 gr. subsonic handloads, my CZ 100 will easily hold a sub-3" group at 25 yards.

I'd bet that the CZ Forum has a lot to say on this gun.

Buzz

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

A take-down lever of some kind, perhaps?

5. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

Isn't it the decocker? A la the Walther P99...

6. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

it was designed for 9mm and is best in 9mm.

the 40sw version is ported. someone has had a custom made non ported barrel put in it.
    recoil was not reported to be as pleasant.

get a Steyr or S&W sigma.

magazines used to be tough to find.

cz100 and cz110 has less items available than the steyr or sigma.

I considered a cz100 heavily before I landed my first Steyr many years ago.
    subsonic 155gr ammo? that is pretty weak might as well go with 9mm.
    9mm can send a 147gr bullet 1050-1150fps out of 4" barrel.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

It's DAO...

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

9. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

That makes my comment DOA.

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I agree with MrA, the 9mm is more versatile, not very ballistically different in the better loads, and cheaper.

11. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

+2. Permanent wound channels between 9mm-45ACP are indistinguishable and there simply isn't enough energy there for the temporary cavity to make a difference. A good JHP in 9mm is just as good as its .40S&W or .45ACP counterpart. Plus you get the added benefit of more rounds and less recoil when you go with 9mm. But hey, it's a subjective thing and YMMV...