Steyr Club Forums banner

What do you guys like for optics on your A2/USR?

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  UziGeo 
#1 ·
Aimpoint, ACOG, conventional scope?

Any thoughts?

#3 ·
Depends on what you are using it for.........100yds, no magification, Eotech, want some magnification, Acog is great, I've got the Acog, both these are very good.....I like the open siting of the EOtech though, and if this is a short range weapon.........why spend the extra money on a very expensive ACOG
:?:

#5 ·
Elaborating on that theme, the EOtech has a wide field range with no "scope" barrel effect like the ACCOG. I think the target aquisition is very good with the openness of the dot. ACCOG is more of a scope setup and a small one at that, so target aquisition may be just slightly slower....

G
#6 ·
Hi!

Usually I use an Aimpiont Comp M2-2X CET and I am happy with it.

For some AUG-Z competitions we are supposed to use the original sight.
It is made by Swarowski and has no enlargement, just crosshairs and a circle. It is built for military use and its good enough to hit everthing as small as a man in a distance of about 300 meters quite well.

#9 ·
cowroper said:
Hi!

Usually I use an Aimpiont Comp M2-2X CET and I am happy with it.

For some AUG-Z competitions we are supposed to use the original sight.
It is made by Swarowski and has no enlargement, just crosshairs and a circle. It is built for military use and its good enough to hit everthing as small as a man in a distance of about 300 meters quite well.

AGREED!

Welcome!

#10 ·
I gotta get me one of those rifles !!!!!!! Left handed ejection, love that idea :lol:

G
#11 ·
@ Shooter

Sorry for you but as I know Steyr don't produce left handed AUGs.
Left handed shooters are supposed to use one of this horrible and awful things which prevents geting hurt by an empty cartridge. In German its called "Huelsenfangsack".

#12 ·
:?: ..........but that is a left sided ejection port......I don't care about the other controls.......they are left handed enough for me..........correct :?:

#13 ·
cowroper.....
How are Steyr pistols viewed in Austria, the home of Mr Glockmeister??? Here as you see we are a small rabid bunch, like Apple computer users 8)

G
#14 ·
@ Shooter

Good Morning Shooter!

I am an Apple User but my gun is a Glock 34 with a 17 round magazine.

Steyr pistols are not very popular in Austria. Most Austrian Shooters use Glocks in various sizes and calibers.
Before I buyed my Glock I also tried the Steyr. I can't tell you why but I decided to buy the Glock. It was not my brain who said take the glock, I just feel better with the Glock.

35 years ago, my first pistol was a Steyr cal. 6,35. A real pocket gun.

All the Steyr AUG-Z I know have the ejekction port on the right side. Maybe (I really don't know it) the miltary AUG can be changed for left handers with ejection port on the left side.

cowroper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.