Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody I live in western australia and just thought you might be interested to know that I brought a steyr pro varmint 223 and a 12ga shotgun about 5 weeks ago ( paid $4000) and am still waiting approval from the police and further more I've been a gun owner for many years this is just an addition. I don't have any criminal record and pay my taxes do the right thing etc and get treated like a criminal because I like to shoot varmints/predators on my mates farm and do target shooting. And to top it off you can not use a firearm to protect yourself in your own house or you will go to jail in fact you can get charged with assault if you "use excessive force". Just having a gripe guys but the truth of the matter is if you lose your rights you never get them back and then they'll move onto the next thing the do gooders don't like!

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Just having a gripe guys but the truth of the matter is if you lose your rights you never get them back and then they'll move onto the next thing the do gooders don't like!

Thank you for that reminder. :cheers: Sorry to hear about the hoops they're putting you through!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hear this all the time form other AUS shooter and the same in England.
It is insane to expect from someone to not use all available means to defend his loved ones or own life.
To me it is a birth right to own a firearm and to be able to use it for defense.

To mind comes Tony Martin, who was longer in jail then the guy who robbed him 3 times!
Tony Martin was denied parol because he is a danger to criminals! That was the official finding!

You are right, we have to stand up for our rights and not become used to oppressive laws.
The hope that there will be no more and that was it is false.
The anti gun agenda will not stop until all legal firearms are taken.
In that process good working and taxpaying citizen are criminalized, just for the possession of a good which the legally bought and paid taxes on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. We have too many do gooders that are sheltered from the realities of a working man's life who simply don't get the fact that there are people in this world that have no regard for any law therefore the law only applies to the good. And arguing with these people is like flogging a dead horse - waste of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts