Went to the range yesterday and had my first light primer strike.

Discussion in 'Maintenance / Tweaks / Technical Difficulties / So' started by southernfryedyankee, Aug 27, 2013.

1. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

I also noticed that the strike was more off center then I would have imagined. Other than that the pistol has fired flawlessly. NOT that I believe it did but COULD the BT striker cups have aided or caused the light primer strike?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I sincerely doubt it, unless something went wrong during the reinstall. What ammo are you shooting? That's a pretty important variable here and information we'll need to diagnose...

3. southernfryedyankee

I was shooting Winchester white box. I have never had any issues or failures before with that ammo, what through me off was the un-centered primer strike.

4. Two Mikes

Two Mikes Member

You sure you picked up the right round? Those case markings aren't WWB.

5. southernfryedyankee

Wait wait you are right that is from my Federal HST.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *yank* :)

So, did it go or no-go?

Just curious.

Wulf :popcorn:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  7. southernfryedyankee

I kept the muzzle down range until I counted to 45 and then ejected the unfired round, I chose not to attempt a re-shoot.

8. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *yank* :)

If it were me, I'd give 'er a 2nd go-round at the range, just don't get it mixed in with the rest of your SD ammo. <shrug>

Take care, Bro. :)

Wulf <-- hates ta throw primered, powder-filled ammo away

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  9. Two Mikes

Two Mikes Member

That should have been enough to make the HST go. That's quality ammo. WWB, not so much.

I wonder if the reassembly of the striker got off-center somehow. I'd take it apart again and reassemble again. When you pull striker out pay attention to any component that seems off center and look into the channel to see if there is anything in there that would make the striker off-center.

10. southernfryedyankee

I had fired those HST's by accident about 50+ rds into my shooting session, I had no mishaps before or after.

11. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

:lol: I think we've all done that. Sometimes carelessness is expensive. :lol: