Went to the range today and here is a small range report

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by southernfryedyankee, Feb 12, 2013.

1. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

I can honestly say even with practice I could NEVER shoot my Glock this well, I know the more experienced shooters could blow these targets out of the water but for my first time with the pistol I am very happy with the results and it will only get better. I do notice that at 7 yards aiming center mass shot about 1 1/2-2" high. I also need to see which grip will give me the most consistency, the pistol has almost no conceivable recoil and muzzle flip was minimum. At my range I have to wait 2 seconds between shots so a quick unload was a no no. I DID have 1 FTE with factory magazine #2, not 1 hiccup out of the first, I attribute that to always having that magazine in the pistol as I was cycling my slide . The ejections were powerful and straight back at my face (unfortunately) and at 1 shot the spent shell landed right in between my shooting glasses and eyebrow slightly burning me for a second. There were no grooves or gouges on any of my casings and I believe with proper break in she will be quite the performer. Trigger was smooth and consistent. I do believe my groups would have been better if I was not suffering from a slight bit of target panic, playing over if my stance was correct, my grip, my aim etc etc. When I moved to the zombie target I did not have to focus on a designated spot, I aimed, squeezed the trigger and fired. The sights were great, not necessarily meant for precision target shooting but as far as clarity and ease of alignment the sights are spot on, the ONLY time I missed the target is when I was aiming for the head on 1 of the targets but as the old saying goes "Aim small, miss small". I do hope that once I start to figure out my little quirks my body will start the muscle memory aspect of shooting and I will become much more consistent. I do believe without a doubt the pistol shoots better than me and with practice I hope to be able to meet it's abilities and out shoot it. If I had the ability to change anything it would definitely be how the spent casings eject for sure. I may add to this later on but this seems pretty str8 and to the point.

On a side note the 2nd to last target was sent further down the range to around 30-35 feet so I was definitely a little off and firing to the right

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

Have I seen that Zombie somewhere before? Perhaps on TV?? I better hush.

3. LaBradford

LaBradford New Member

Looks like shooting at the undead is not a problem. You're ready for world war Z. :salute:

4. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

Only if I can start hitting them in the head better HAHAHA

5. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya *yankee :)

Uhh, "yeah"...get close an' head shoot 'em an' step back a pace atta time til ya start head missin'. Then take one pace back up to 'em. That's your safezone with your sidearm. :thumbsup:

Ever'body knows that. <shrug>

Wulf <-- diggs 12 GA 18-1/2" bbl an' 2-3/4" mag 000 Buck for serious zombie head removal out ta 30 yds. [​IMG]

6. nickyill

nickyill New Member

...killed some zombies myself last weekend....all these at 30ft, started out doing headshots, them picked areas to target (like cleaver)and finished with some rapid fire to different targets and different points. So no clinical grouping study here, just evidence of a fun day at the range!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AGoyette

AGoyette New Member

You did not say which gun you bought...