Went and played today.........IDPA style

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by madecov, Jul 27, 2005.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Got to meet IDPA Steyr and Mrs Steyr, she's got a cute red M9 and matching holster. Had a balst.....literally :D
    brought the M40 and 200 rounds of PMC 165 grain. Got to shoot the 3 stages set up per IDPA rules. It's been almost 4 years since I shot any competion or anything other than static standing there.

I did fairly well, better than I expected, but of course not as well as I wanted.
    Everything went smoothly until I shot the wire controlling the moving target :roll: , seriously It wasn't on purpose :oops: .

met another gentelamn shooting an S9, so that made four of us shooting Steyr pistols. No one had any problems with pistols :D

I have made several posts about concerns with Steyr. Well, if things continue as they have this gun is a keeper. Not a single bobble. Accuracy is great even if I wasn't on target all the time. I didn't notice recoil at all. I'm going to try and get out more often and compete. It's a great way to train also.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Wonderful to hear that your gun is performing well.

May the Steyr god continue to smile upon us all. :D

3. IDPASteyr

IDPASteyr New Member

Madecov, It was great to have you shooting with us last night. It had to be a first with a 4 Steyr match. You did well and I know you will enjoy shooting in the future. There is no way that standing and shooting compares with shooting while seated, moving, at moving targets, around a barricade...well, you get the picture.

All the Steyrs at the match worked flawlessly. There were 2 M9, 1 M40, and one S9. Not one malfunction during a 72 round match.

Anyone who in the Houston area who shoots a Steyr is welcome to join us. PM me and I'll give the details. I want to tentatively plan a Steyr only day for the third Saturday in October. If anyone is interested, let me know.