Well........

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by HEAVYJ, May 17, 2007.

1. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

Well....... A Steyr M9 followed me home this moring. It was made in Jan. 2002, and only has had 50 rounds ran through it. It belonged to this guy's wife and she feel in love with a Sig 239, this new love of hers left the Steyr out in the cold. I traded a Ruger P97 for it. I like the 9mm, I use 124gr Gold Dots, I like to double tap my targets. The way I look at it is 248gr and two holes for the BG to bleed from, I think it's better than a 230gr .45 and only one hole to bleed from...Right?...I don't know but it sounds good to me, plus I can go just about anywhere that sells ammo and find 9mm and it's cheeper than .45. So anyway, Thanks for all your help. The M9 will be happy with it's new brother my Glock 17, I hope they play nice. Once again Thanks Brother Steyr's.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

My reasoning is about the same as yours - I'd rather have faster, more accurate follow-up shots than a heavier bullet. And with modern JHP design, I really don't think we're losing anything to .45ACP. Glad to hear you got your hands on a M - time to hit the range! Let us know how it goes...

3. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Good decision HEAVY...............As bigtaco or MrApathy said, the more you shoot a Steyr the more you break it in.
    ..................so it will get better with age, like me.............. :lol:

4. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

I have 6 hand guns. My M9 A1 is the best gun I have ever shot. It is SWEET. :)

5. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

charmincarmins......... What is the differance between the M9 (like I have) and the M9 A1 ( like you have)??

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Congrats Heavy.
    A range report or two to follow?

7. charmincarmens

Natta

NONE........................

8. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The A1 comes with a standard picatinny rail, improved ergonomics, no manual safety, and a few redesigned parts. The standard M comes with a proprietary rail and has a manual safety. Parts are interchangeable on both pistols.

9. charmincarmens

Sorry

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the same model.

10. Dag

Dag Guest

New M9

Hi HEAVYJ

I second all of the comments about your "brand new" baby. Plus, if you do have any problems, there is a HUGE source of Steyr knowledge on this forum to help you get it resolved, with SAI as the ultimate fix. I speak from experience there. It's like having instant access to an entire guild of experienced Steyr pistolsmiths! As Martha Stewart would say. "... and that's a good thing." :)

I suspect the 9mm/.45ACP debate should take place in the Ammunition and Reloading forum, but I like double taps with .45ACP DPX or Gold Dots. Two BIG holes is better than two little holes. OK, where's that M45-A1? :twisted:

Anyway, welcome to the fray and don't forget the range reports, even if it's just to say “Every thing is fine, no problems.” :)

Enjoy!

Dag