Was a little nervous but made my 1st taco/IWB holster last night.

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by southernfryedyankee, Aug 23, 2013.

1. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

I think it came out alright, I just need to refine the edges a little but it fits nice. I do have a question though, I need spacers to put between the belt clip and the actual holster itself, I though stacking vinyl washers or kydex strips would look ultra tacky so I am curious what yall use for spacers if any?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. misterlarry

misterlarry New Member

Looks good. Do you plan to make more and sell them? Hint, hint.

3. jhb

jhb Member

Looks good. Am I looking at this wrong or is it setup as a lefty?

4. southernfryedyankee

I actually made it for a right hand IWB but I suppose with an extra clip you COULD use it for a left OWB but the rivets would be facing the wrong way. I am SOOOO new to all of this holster making, I am used to making sheaths.

5. jhb

jhb Member

^ahhh....gotcha. makes sense. I was thinking wrongly it was a owb belt setup. Goes to show details are important and I slacked off on paying attention. Thanks for the follow up. Looking forward to the updates.

6. Branth

Branth New Member

I know of at least one holster maker that uses small rubber o-rings for adjustable retention - They're cheap, durable, solvent-proof, and blend in well with black Kydex.

7. misterlarry

misterlarry New Member

Like I asked earlier. How much and how soon for a RH IWB S40A1 holster? Looks like a winner to me. Let me know if you need a Beta tester as I am happy to purchase (at cost)and review the product for you. Like I said, it looks pretty good so far. Would love to try it out.

8. southernfryedyankee

PM sent misterlarry

9. southernfryedyankee

Found what I needed and it worked out perfectly thank you everyone for the help.

10. Guufball

Guufball Member

Greetings,

I'm liking that setup big time! I just upgraded from the 1st generation S9, to the S9-A1, I'm a southpaw and I'm looking for a holster like yours, but I'd like it to sit as low on the belt line as possible. What would be the cost of creating such a holster?

Thanks.

11. Eddythedog

Eddythedog New Member

Great work, looks like very nice quality. I'm sure you could sell quite a few through this forum...S9 here plz!!!

12. regulatedmilitia

regulatedmilitia New Member

rubber automotive hose works great. its cheap, durable, and you can cut to length. 5/32 should do the trick.

13. TheWhiteDoberman

TheWhiteDoberman New Member

I really need a kydex sheath made for a throwing knife. It came with a leather one, but the way I carry it on my Battle Belt the stitching split.
    Would want it to be molle compatible.

Any interest?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  14. TheWhiteDoberman

TheWhiteDoberman New Member

Well I think it looks great. An appendix holster is the style from the photos.

Here's a link to some ideas for you as far as spacers:

ARTS KYDEX Holster Rubber Adjustment Set

ADDITIONAL PUP HARDWARE KIT

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014