Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it came out alright, I just need to refine the edges a little but it fits nice. I do have a question though, I need spacers to put between the belt clip and the actual holster itself, I though stacking vinyl washers or kydex strips would look ultra tacky so I am curious what yall use for spacers if any?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks good. Do you plan to make more and sell them? Hint, hint.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks good. Am I looking at this wrong or is it setup as a lefty?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually made it for a right hand IWB but I suppose with an extra clip you COULD use it for a left OWB but the rivets would be facing the wrong way. I am SOOOO new to all of this holster making, I am used to making sheaths.

Looks good. Am I looking at this wrong or is it setup as a lefty?

·
Registered
513 Posts
^ahhh....gotcha. makes sense. I was thinking wrongly it was a owb belt setup. Goes to show details are important and I slacked off on paying attention. Thanks for the follow up. Looking forward to the updates.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know of at least one holster maker that uses small rubber o-rings for adjustable retention - They're cheap, durable, solvent-proof, and blend in well with black Kydex.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Like I asked earlier. How much and how soon for a RH IWB S40A1 holster? Looks like a winner to me. Let me know if you need a Beta tester as I am happy to purchase (at cost)and review the product for you. Like I said, it looks pretty good so far. Would love to try it out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PM sent misterlarry

Like I asked earlier. How much and how soon for a RH IWB S40A1 holster? Looks like a winner to me. Let me know if you need a Beta tester as I am happy to purchase (at cost)and review the product for you. Like I said, it looks pretty good so far. Would love to try it out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Greetings,

I'm liking that setup big time! I just upgraded from the 1st generation S9, to the S9-A1, I'm a southpaw and I'm looking for a holster like yours, but I'd like it to sit as low on the belt line as possible. What would be the cost of creating such a holster?

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
rubber automotive hose works great. its cheap, durable, and you can cut to length. 5/32 should do the trick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I actually made it for a right hand IWB but I suppose with an extra clip you COULD use it for a left OWB but the rivets would be facing the wrong way. I am SOOOO new to all of this holster making, I am used to making sheaths.
I really need a kydex sheath made for a throwing knife. It came with a leather one, but the way I carry it on my Battle Belt the stitching split.
Would want it to be molle compatible.

Any interest?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think it came out alright, I just need to refine the edges a little but it fits nice. I do have a question though, I need spacers to put between the belt clip and the actual holster itself, I though stacking vinyl washers or kydex strips would look ultra tacky so I am curious what yall use for spacers if any?
Well I think it looks great. An appendix holster is the style from the photos.

Here's a link to some ideas for you as far as spacers:

ARTS KYDEX Holster Rubber Adjustment Set

ADDITIONAL PUP HARDWARE KIT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts