Warning: Rant About Senior Member Troll on SteyrTalk

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guest, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

OK folks, I know that at least some people on this forum have been wanting to address this issue (afterall, most us are members of both forums) so I am just going do it. Mods, feel free to close and/or move this thread if you feel it is best for the forum but I just want to get it off my chest.

No need to name names here but we all know that a certain member has been giving us all a hard time when we go back to SteyrTalk and mention the new forum. Not only has this person been condescending and judgmental, he/she has now turned to insults. While I usually let little things slide, this person is taking this too far so I promptly reported this person to the moderator(s). Probably won't get him kicked off but maybe an email from the mods might change his/her tune. Sorry for the rant but this stuff ticks me off because its just a small blemish on our otherwise friendly Steyr community. I mean, how will this look to new members that visit SteyrTalk? OK, rant off (for now, at least)! :wink:

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I know exactly who you're talking about (I just got done replying to one of his ignorant posts). I think the good news is that most members have continued to discuss issues on both forums.

It is sad that a few can't "get over" the evolution and enjoy a good thing. I guess the only satisfaction you can get is knowing that he makes himself look foolish with his infantile rants...so sooner or later people are going to tune him out completely. It's too bad...because he does have some value he can add in a mature discussion forum. He just can't manage to live in that world!

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Granular Vaginitis.

Let him sit in his hole and sulk.

5. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint New Member

:lol: :-({|= :lol:

6. Ripped

Ripped New Member

lets just hope he does not come here and start whining, we would all hate to resort to banning/booting someone. like i told everyone over there.. "the only thing constant is change" I think this forum and steyr talk will both be around for a long time. Especially if Austria actually decides to use us as thier primary internet information source. i.e. our webaddress in the back of a manual or leaflet within it. as a resource for information on steyrs within the U.S.

7. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Even though I have found that most Steyr fans are intelligent, well mannered, and salt of the earth people I suppose it's impossible to escape rude people in any community.

My experience in the Marine Corps taught me that even among the best caliber of people some jerks will exists. Best thing is to prevent him from joining our group by any means to prevent the moral of our Steyr brethern from suffering because of one bad apple. You can't give those type of people a second chance or benefit of the doubt without regretting it later.

We're only as strong as our weakest link and this guy is a weak link in an otherwise tough as steel chain.

8. Ripped

Ripped New Member

cliffnote...: the dude is a tool. :)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Well said. Again, my apologies for wasting our board space on this but maybe this will be a good thread to "let off steam" if this "person" persists with his/her antics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.