Warning About Gun Dealers JoeKen and FGW for the Newbies

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by BulletBait, Sep 25, 2007.

1. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

All right, after seeing somebody here post a link to a web "gun store" known for thievery,
    I feel the need to warn the newer gun owners about two of the worst.

If you do order from them:
    More than 50% of time you will actually get what you ordered, in a reasonable amount of time.
    Sometimes a substandard replacement after a very long wait, and occasionally, nothing.

First is Florida gun Works (FGW), http://www.floridagunworks.com/
    This is their MO, they take your money and then you wait for weeks on end until (maybe) something shows.
    All the time they will stone wall you or make excuses why you haven't gotten anything for weeks after paying in full.

Why the run around? These guys do not have a shop or even a warehouse
    What little stock they have is at a self storage facility! NO JOKE!
    So where do they get all the other stuff? From someone who has it for a lot less!

FGW takes your money, orders from someone who has what your looking for, then re-ships it to you.
    That is of course if they can get it.
    They have ripped off several buyers in the AK47 community.

All FGW really is is a web-page carefully tied to Google to get a lot of first page hits.
    If you check carefully on their web page, you will notice that there is NO phone number listed anywhere.

Think about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next is the famously infamous JoeKen Firearms.
    This shop's name is a running joke on all the assault rifle forums and here in Arizona because of all the people they have openly robbed or stuffed.
    They have made the local news several times for being served papers from the AG on charges of fraud and non-payment of debt.

If that's not enough for you, I'll simply post real pictures of these JoeKers actual shop in Winslow, AZ
    and you can decide if you want to take a chance sending money to them.

ETA: link and also, how does this guy stay in bussiness? He has a 1-2 page ad in every month of Shotgun News to lure in a fresh batch of suckers.
    http://207.176.137.9/shop/index.asp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brenmor2 likes this.
  2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

You ROCK BB!!!!!!

THX

8) 8)

3. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Thanks for the heads up.

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

No problemo. :wink:

Added a link to the JoeKer's site too so Steyroids can see the Logo of Doom.

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Thanks for the reminder. Heard about JoeKen a long time ago.

6. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

LOL....mail order M209.....LOL....

7. drivr3g

drivr3g Guest

woW!

Good lookin out man.

8. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

hey brother,

appreciate the heads up on both accounts.

sorry to see FGW is in my neck of the woods.

*hit has been happening in the small business
    world lately. someone's always got a scheme.

thanks,
    sewerman

9. kraigster414

kraigster414 Guest

Oh yeah, you want to order a gun from these guys. :shock:

Thanks for the heads-up.

Buyer beware guys. That's why this site is so valuable.

I think a link to this thread should be posted at every gun forum on the internet. What say you?

10. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Thanks for the complement, but that'll kill my PB account.

Feel free to Cut-and-Paste my post, but please copy the pics to another account.
    Don't hot-link them.

11. Vauxurellius

Vauxurellius Guest

come on guys it says jokin right in the name! JOEKEN = joking hehehe :) funny funny. These guys are just telling you upfront that they are screwing you!

BTW thanks for the great post.

12. Nicholai

Nicholai Guest

Yeah I have thought about buying online but with that I don't have quite as much support when something happens to go wrong. At some local shops if I have a problem with my purchase they will make it right. With online retailers i don't have a real person i can bring my problems to.

Joke'n haha... looks like a fine esatblishment

13. engiNERD

engiNERD New Member

A few years after your initial post, but thank you still for the heads up. This is what I am afraid of when ordering from online stores. I was looking into buying some items and the following sites had some decent prices. However, I can not find any reviews or ratings on them. Can any of you SC members chime in on the following sites, before I place an order and potentially get ripped off? I would greatly appreciate it.

http://aeonarms.com/catalog/ located in TX
    http://www.thegunfever.com/ location unknown
    http://www.denverammo.com/ located in CO

14. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Online, I'd trust Budsgunshop, Cabellas, anyone with a A+ rating on GunBroker (provided they've been on GB for more than two years and have a number of transactions), Collectors Firearms in Houston (they're not cheap, but they have quality merchandise), Gun Genie (Davidsons), Impact Firearms, and Ableammo.com. They may not be the cheapest, but they deliver.

The Gun Broker vendors are a risk, but I've been satisfied with my transactions there. I've actually sold a weapon on GB.

There are a lot of small gun shops out there, and just like in other areas of life, there are honest people, and there are crooks. If something is too good to be true, it probably is, particularly if it's on the other side of the world so to speak.

Netfotoj is associated with a small high quality shop - Village Pawn and Guns in Wadeboro, NC - they post on GB and it's a quality outfit. That is personal testimony - I'll stand behind it.

My Friendly Local Gun Store (FLGS), is Spectre Firearms in Houston - they have Steyr S9-M1s and S40-M1s in stock as well as a good selection of Steyr-Mannlicher rifles, and also some of the terminally pricey Merkel stuff. Sid is good folks having served in Desert Storm, not the cheapest, but really straight arrow, as are the other guys in the shop.

Footnote: "What is terminally pricey?":confused: You ask. For me that's a absolutely beautiful, perfectly fitting Merkel double barrel rifle in 500 Nitro Express for $18K+. I even put cotton gloves on to cherish it. I have no way in the world to own something so wonderful, but I wanted to at least hold it.

15. Bone_Enterprise

Bone_Enterprise New Member

Bleh, screw Collectors Firearms I was attempting to be a first time customer here within the past few months, guy blew me off and got an attitude when I was trying to get a product from him.
    Glad my friend runs a shop now, do not have to deal with pricks that do not have time for paying and or potential customers.

If you go to the gun show this weekend at the George R. Brown Convention Center, you may see me at my friends table, his company name is Omega Arms, L.L.C.
    He has been selling on Gunbroker for a little while now, but is trying to branch out slowly and do some shows.

16. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

I can relate to hating poor salesmanship, not everyone at CF is so, but when you get a turkey, you get a turkey.

I won't be making the GRB show, I'm going down to Brazoria for an all classifier match on Sat, then off to Bryan on Sunday for the Brazosland Pistoleros match.

17. Bone_Enterprise

Bone_Enterprise New Member

Yeah the thing is though this was the owner.
    And cool, you will be coming down to my neck of the woods then, I am from Angleton.

Good luck!

18. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

wow thanks for the reminder, i forogot about these guys.......!!!!!!

19. zug

zug New Member

Ah yes, those two names are legendary. For bad reasons.