Waiting Sucks

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by matt13, Jun 6, 2007.

1. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Yeah, I know it hasn't even been thirty days yet but I read so many "18 days box 2 box" forum posts that I was hopeful of a fast turn around on my cc permit.

It's been 27 days since I mailed off the packet. I know it's my fault for waiting so long to do it... But that doesn't make the wait any less annoying.

:D K. I feel better now that I've vented. Thanks for listening. lol.

2. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I never have to wait again: Indiana lifetime handgun license, baby!

3. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

:( I do not like you... It's not jealousy... Really, It's not!

lol. Four years is all we get in La. Requires full recert too.

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

5 years in VA and 40 days wait usually around here

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

We're talking application, not renewal, right?

The application process was 62 grueling days for me - I'm pretty sure I checked my app status every night online. :evil:

Keep us posted!

6. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Syntax, you correcting my spelling? lol.

7. SELFDEFENSE

In No. Va they treat app and renewal as if they were the same process.

8. smores

smores Guest

I should be applying for my VA and FL non-resident permits when I get back from vacation and have a decent cash flow from my new job.

Even though my home state won't allow CCW to anyone but police, business owners, or the power elite... doesn't mean there aren't a couple states that WILL give me a permit. Oh, and a couple dozen others recognize THOSE non-resident permits as valid via reciprocity... ;) However I may be a LEO in the near future anyway so it won't matter. It will be my job to carry all the time :)

9. SELFDEFENSE

Pretty wacky: live in MD = can't carry, visit VA = can carry. Time for MD to get with it.

10. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Congrats on the new job, CF. And if you're joining the ranks of our men in blue (or whatever color your uniform will be) then it's double congrats.

11. smores

smores Guest

I'll know more after June 30th. That's the day I go down to take the physical and written exams. If I make it through (I don't think I will have any problems), then comes the arduous background checks, interviews, polygraph test(s), and selection process.

However, judging by the fact that this department is offering a signing bonus (a good one too, much better than the one I got when joining the Army), I think they're in need of people. Hopefully they'll be impressed by my test scores, and will see how motivated I am.

12. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I'll bet you won't have any problem passing the pistol-shooting qualifications either!

Use your Steyr if they'll let you. Until then, remember, practice makes perfect. Enjoy your "vacation" while you can by spending more time at the range. If I may misquote Teddy Roosevelt (he said it about a horse, not a pistol) "There's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a Steyr MA1!" :mrgreen:

13. smores

smores Guest

This department issues SIG pistols I believe. I wouldn't mind having one, however I'll see what I can do about getting the Steyr in a duty holster. ;)

14. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Wait is over!!!! :D

15. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

It's been waiting too... lol.

[​IMG]

16. revchuck

revchuck Guest

Matt - That makes it TWO of us carrying Steyrs in LA (I'm in Beauregard parish).

17. SELFDEFENSE

Congrats. The streets will be a little safer in LA

18. matt13

matt13 Premium Member

Hopefully there will be more soon. I have two friends looking for a pistol right now. They both are looking at the Glock 19. I think if I can get them to the range and let them shoot both side by side they'll pick the Steyr. 8)

19. clemsonsteyger

clemsonsteyger New Member

South Carolina CWP wait is rigorous. I applied May 20th of this year and I am still waiting :x. Called yesterday to "check the status" and they told me exactly what I thought they would. "Sir, South Carolina has up to 90 business days to issue the permit to you. If you don't see anything in the mail by August 20th give us a call back."

20. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

That sucks. In colorado springs, CO, they took 2 1/2 weeks :D